What's new

Who has tried "Gourmet English"? IRC blend by McClelland

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow!

I was in Iwan Ries with my boy yesterday getting cigars for his 19th birthday (3 generation smoke today!), when I stuck my nose in a sampler of Gourmet English.

Yowza! Smells great, I grabbed a can to take home. Unfortunately, I won't be able to sample this till I am back at my apartment next Sunday. :sad:

Is this as good as I think it is going to be??

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
By the way, last time I buy any tobacco in Chicago!

Some of it is state sales tax, some is county sales tax, some is Chicago city sales tax, but some is tobacco tax. I did not save the receipt to break these all down (does not matter), but the tax rate, in toto, on three cigars and a tin of pipe tobacco was 37%.

I kid you not.

Never again will I buy any tobacco in Chicago. No cigars, no nuttin. I'll stop in IRC to browse and sniff, but no tobacco purchases. Not their fault, but if it wasn't my kids birthday, I never would have completed the purchase. It's stunning!

Hope you have better luck than me. I tried some bulk McC Dark English from my tobacconist on the merrits of its aroma. Turned out to be a dud. I mean, it's fine, but it doesn't taste dark... it's barely strong enough to be recognized as an English. And about that tax issue... I'd give my left nut to be able to pay only 37% tax on tobacco (see my location for explanation). I can imagine it was a shocker, though. It was for me when I first found out how cheap tobacco actually can be.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Oh boy! THIS IS IT!

This is the blend to rule all other blends! I'm loving the Larry's Blend, the Penzance, my other English blends, but this is THE ONE!

McClelland blends this for IRC, I gotta figure out how to get it without the 37% tax. I love this stuff!

Oh boy! THIS IS IT!

This is the blend to rule all other blends! I'm loving the Larry's Blend, the Penzance, my other English blends, but this is THE ONE!

McClelland blends this for IRC, I gotta figure out how to get it without the 37% tax. I love this stuff!
Sounds good, I haven't tried it but if McClelland makes it, it probably McClelland 925 (their DH 965 match blend) or very close, if you get a chance get some MC925 and tell me how they compare.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
@ Blade Boy,

I really would like to know what it is and if it is available under another name, because of the 37% tax in Chicago! I want to order from Pipes and Cigars or someplace!

It says "Anniversary Blend" Above the Gourmet English and IRC logo. It is most definitely a McClelland tin, identical to the one my (don't you dare start again!) Vanilla Ice from them.

Anyone?

Here a shot of what McClelland's 925 looks like like, does this look like it?
$005-002-0068.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Just checked the description on tobaccoreviews.com, I don't think it is the same. :(

Top Bottom