What's new

Who has the oldest MWF

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
We all know MWF seems to last forever, but does it. I have a puck of MWF that celebrated its 3rd birthday in May. It is my oldest soap and probably doesn't get the use it deserves as I've been on a 3017 kick since last year.
I do love the performance of it but my head has been turned by all these fashionable European soaps with their fancy scents and fancier price tags so it doesn't get the use it deserves though I am using its slickness to get the most out of the Schick blade I am using at the moment.
My questions are:
1) Who has the oldest puck of MWF?
2) If you are a regular user how long does a puck last you?

Finally do any of you have any tips on 3017ing MWF.

If used everyday, I can get several months use out of it. The key to maintaining its performance over time is to not soak the puck. Soaking the puck causes the lanolin to leach out over time and the soap then loses the lanolin and performance quality degrades, so don't soak a MWF puck.

If used everyday, I can get several months use out of it. The key to maintaining its performance over time is to not soak the puck. Soaking the puck causes the lanolin to leach out over time and the soap then loses the lanolin and performance quality degrades, so don't soak a MWF puck.
I definitely don't soak it, but I have found that it works best for me to use it daily. I think daily use keeps it just soft enough to make it lather best.

I have a puck I've been using since 2008 or so. Maybe once or twice per month since I have so many other soaps. However, with the demise of Tallow Tabac, I have been purchasing 1-2 pucks a month since.

I have never soaked it and initially had it in an Anchor Hocking container before moving it to its ceramic jar. By the time I go to use it, it's all cracked up but a partially wet brush and swirling get it to perform as it should with no problems.

marty

Top Bottom