What's new

Who has the B&B Essential boar brush?

I wish I had one, I love my Omega boars!
I never pulled the trigger on one either. Even though I was around for every release.

To be honest, they didn't appeal to me as a mainly badger and Semogue boar user.

It was still a great time with all the B&B releases and I hope to see something similar in the future.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Do you just not like boar brushes? Or do you like boars, but just not that one? Inquiring minds want to know. 😎
I have plenty of Semogue boars that I like very much. The Omega was my only "stinky" boar, and the smell lasted an unfortunately long time. Too small with too much backbone for my taste.

How does the Essential compare to the Prorasso Pro (Omega) boar? The Prorasso is one of my favorites as I like stiffer shorter loft boars?

On that note what are some of the more upscale boars? I have the Omega Jade from Connaught but is that the pinnacle when it comes to boars or are there any that are better?

How does the Essential compare to the Prorasso Pro (Omega) boar? The Prorasso is one of my favorites as I like stiffer shorter loft boars?

On that note what are some of the more upscale boars? I have the Omega Jade from Connaught but is that the pinnacle when it comes to boars or are there any that are better?
The Pinnacle for you will be different than me. It's all personal preference.

I prefer Semogue over Omega by far margin.

As for upscale, I don't think there are in Boar. Aside from transplanting your favorite knot into a custom made handle.

The Pinnacle for you will be different than me. It's all personal preference.

I prefer Semogue over Omega by far margin.

As for upscale, I don't think there are in Boar. Aside from transplanting your favorite knot into a custom made handle.
Yeah last years DecemBOAR converted me to boar brushes in a big way. Still surprised most handle artisans just favor badgers or synths and boars get the cold shoulder from them.

I have a couple Semogues (actually I have 2 or 3 more I bought in my last Connaught order that are still brand new I haven’t used yet, but the Semogues I have used seemed to not have the stiff backbone I prefer.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just catching up on this thread and why not, lets start Decemboar with the Essentials brush. Mine def needs more breaking in. I'll soak and clean it so its ready to go.

Top Bottom