What's new

Who has settled on one?

At this moment it would be the broman however I have my doubts regarding longevity and/or replacability.
A fixed head mild three piece de would be smarter

I'm down to three, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Charcoal Goods Copper Level 2, which, yes, I could live with as my only razor. Never thought I would say that about any razor.

Merkur 34C for me. I have shaved almost daily with this razor for the past several years. I played the field for a while but just kept going back to it. I do keep a 54 Tech around as a spare but hardly ever use it.

1 DE
1 SE
1 SR
1 Traveler (soon to go)

Timeless Polished SS 0.68 OC
Blackland Vector Machine Finish
Ralf Aust Blackwood 5/8” round point
Feather AS-D2

I used to have a two razor rotation: a Muhle R41 and an ATT Aluminum Calypso H2. Recently a Fatip Piccolo OC has been slowly crawling into that rotation. For blades it's either Kais, Feathers or Voskhods. I like to keep things simple I guess...

After weighing the opinions for months, receiving one on a generous PiF and learning of its ways and timeless quality, I arrived at that conclusion that for me Gillette Tech was the benchmark set long ago and I could do no better.

I have one daily driver and a backup.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Yes. For the past 5 years I've used my Wolfman every day at home. I don't travel with it - too afraid to lose it - so I take on of my other razors when I travel.

The Wolfman has a great profile for under the nose and just does a superior job everywhere.

Merkur 37c for me. It gives me a smooth, close shave without a lot of finick and fuss about blade angle. Weight and size fit better than any of the 7-8 other razors I've tried.

Merkur slant. Chrome, gold or vintage silver with a Feather blade, the best shave for me. Over and over. Maybe the Phoenix Nickel plated DOC is close but I just don’t like how an open comb feels against my face. My first slant shave was probably more than 10 years ago and I never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DE: Blackland Blackbird
SE: Schick L type

Could I stop with those two? Yes sir I could. Am I gonna? NAHHHHHH

I’ve got both SEs en route from Blackland so I’ve got those to look forward to trying.

In honor of @Hannah's Dad & his comment above, I used a razor other than my President today. So my new ONE razor is my '34 Aristocrat. It may not be the ONE after I use my RFB later this week, but it's holding the top spot for now!
IMG_2679.jpg

Top Bottom