What's new

Who has ordered the NEW RazoRock XX that is now available?

I got the email from Canada post this afternoon that it was picked up and on the way to the sort facility. If not tomorrow then Wednesday. It's always been 1-2 days from Italian barber, fendrihan and classic edge as they are all within 20 mins from my house.

now I'm really jealous

I got the email from Canada post this afternoon that it was picked up and on the way to the sort facility. If not tomorrow then Wednesday. It's always been 1-2 days from Italian barber, fendrihan and classic edge as they are all within 20 mins from my house.

If I get it tomorrow then I will post some shave pron pictures here to hold you off until you get it. Looking forward to the kramperts frostbite.

$15162708-grilled-prawns-on-the-grill.jpg?

I got my ship confirmation, it's scheduled for delivery today. Sometimes if gets delayed and takes two days, but I'm hoping this isn't one of those times.

Someone should (please) do a comparison between the XX and the XXX. I chose the XX (my first Razorock soap) and would really like to know how it compares to this legendary XXX. :D

Someone should (please) do a comparison between the XX and the XXX. I chose the XX (my first Razorock soap) and would really like to know how it compares to this legendary XXX. :D

I'll let you know, I still have a tub of XXX to do a side by side.

I got a confirmation this morning. Apparently Joe now has a drop shipper (or another method) in the US so my package apparently originated with the USPS and is going straight Priority Mail. This should speed up the process by several days as it will avoid Canada Post and all of the delays that entails.

Well done, Joe!

I have held off picking up one of the XXX's being offered on ebay, with the pending release of XX. It now appears that the new one it is not AdP, which XXX is, and that the three left on ebay are the last available.

The scent is Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea. This was pointed out to me by someone else. Just in case you aren't convinced yet....

RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving Soap description from Italian Barber
This unbelievable fragrance presents itself with aromas which vividly present landscapes of Italy and breezes of the Mediterranean in our imagination. The scent of this artisan made shaving soap accentuates your sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromas of myrtle, along with citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with the calming effect of basil. At the heart of this complex scent you are taken with the aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet mediterranean breezes and black currant leaves. Some of the base notes include precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber. This complex scent is one of our personal favourites.

Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea scent description from fragrantica.com
With aromas which vividly present landscapes of Italy and breezes of the Mediterranean in our imagination, perfume Mirto di Panarea accentuates sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromatic aromas of myrtle, along with luminous citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with calming effect of basil. A heart develops with aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet sea breeze and black currant leaves. Base notes fondle with accords of precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber.

With regards to the soap recipe... I have no idea.

With regards to the soap recipe... I have no idea.

I have no idea either, but when I took a quick glance before ordering it looked like the formulation of the XX was pretty similar to the formulation of the King of the Castle soft soaps (with different fragrance oils, of course). I was assuming the XX to be a Castle Forbes "Rock-Off" scented like BM MdP.

i really dont get where everyone is saying that XXX was AdP?? Last thing i heard was that it was Santa maria Novella NOT AdP. This XX tho im pretty possitive is going to be AdP based on the online descriptions of both and the similar ingredients list. thats just me. We shall see tho.

i really dont get where everyone is saying that XXX was AdP?? Last thing i heard was that it was Santa maria Novella NOT AdP. This XX tho im pretty possitive is going to be AdP based on the online descriptions of both and the similar ingredients list. thats just me. We shall see tho.

XXX was definitely not SMN. SMN is a eucalyptus scent. I would say that XXX was an "aged" orange scent. I've never tried AdP but that is its scent profile.

My theory is that XXX is AdP that hasn't been "cured" hence why it seems to have different properties (and irritated some users). Joe also strongly implied that AdP's ingredient list was inaccurate.

This XX tho im pretty possitive is going to be AdP based on the online descriptions of both and the similar ingredients list. thats just me. We shall see tho.

My order from Italian Barber shipped out today. When I get a chance to try it, I'll post what I think. For what it's worth, I don't think XX is AdP but we'll see.

i really dont get where everyone is saying that XXX was AdP?? Last thing i heard was that it was Santa maria Novella NOT AdP.

Where did you read that someone said that RazoRock XXX was Santa Maria Novella?! Are you confusing RazoRock S. Maria with XXX?

proxy.php

Last edited:
XXX was definitely not SMN. SMN is a eucalyptus scent. I would say that XXX was an "aged" orange scent. I've never tried AdP but that is its scent profile.

My theory is that XXX is AdP that hasn't been "cured" hence why it seems to have different properties (and irritated some users). Joe also strongly implied that AdP's ingredient list was inaccurate.

I have an ADP and an XXX. Both are fabulous and they are virtually indistinguishable. The scent in the jar of ADP (older and been opened longer) seems slightly stronger than the in the jar of XXX--same scent, though. Feel the same going on.

I think it's been reasonably well established (at least to me) that XXX was a rebranded batch of ADP. Was that particular batch perhaps just a tad off--something ADP didn't want to put their label on? Or something the producer decided to hold back from ADP because of a very slight difference? There is really no way to know, IMO. But for all practical purposes, they are the same I believe. And they are both FABULOUS.

There are Razorock XXXs going for over $30 on eBay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason XXX was discontinued was because prices could not keep up with costs of production, and Joe (?) wanted to sell cheaply.
His plan backfired; I wish he would start selling the XXX again, because; already, the $30 XXX has been selling very well on eBay, and I doubt that the $30 is still not lucrative enough to keep up with production costs. All he'd have to do would be bump prices up a little - it was his biggest seller after all, and I'm sure it would maintain its base.

(I'm just sad I didn't get to experience it; the way you all extol it - sigh)

Top Bottom