What's new

Who has a birth year razor?

They are just more rare I believe. The 109 was also longer in production. 1974-1975 was the last of the 84s. But in good condition the 109 can be a valuable item as well. After 1976 they became the black beauty with the plastic baseplate.

Or people are simply more into the Slim as predecessor to the 84.

Guido

Ah, I suspected as much.

Grazie, my friend! 🍻

I’ve got a D3 Super Speed TV, re-plated by Chris at Backroads Gold. And, I've got Super Speeds from the other three quarters in '58.

CEC72A99-3836-4E13-8BE4-920A7FA75536.jpeg

I've got a Tech in my birth year and quarter, and I only shave with it on my birthday. Unfortunately 1964 was the year they decided to make the top cap of Techs out of Zamac as far as know 😕.
The faceted ZAMAK caps were introduced into mass production in 1961. I have a German G code. There are ones with the old brass head from 1961, so the change was in that year. But that is not the very first occurence. Achim has a Psycho Tech from 1958 with the faceted ZAMAK cap.

Birth year and quarter is R4. I have a Superspeed, Knack, Super Adjustable 84 and a tech in R4.

The Superspeed shaves really, really well.

I want R4's at some point in these models Plastic Tech, G1000, Psycho-Tech, Slim Twist, Slim Deluxe, Super 109 and a Lady Gillette

Why? No idea it seemed like a good idea at the time, and it slowly morphed into an obsession.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have a mint birth year and quarter bought off eBay a decade or more ago. It’s a mint 1961 Gillette Flair Tip Super Speed with a G-1 date code.

It’s not the best shaving razor I own, but I do use it every year for a birthday shave. Along with a good splash of vintage Shulton Old Spice. :)

Top Bottom