What's new

Who got a "Goose?

Me too. The additional two to three weeks for shipment and customs brings the Mongoose delivery "nicely close" to Christmas. Aditional time to play with the other fourty team members, before they are getting benched for a longer period.

My first shave with the Mongoose I used a Feather Pro blade. When I got done I felt some irritation above my lips. At first I blamed it on the blade. I realize now it was my own fault. I was buffing in that area. Meaning one lather application but 3 or 4 passes with the razor. I know now you can't do that. Live and learn. No irritation tonight.

Received the 'Goose' today. Here's what I used for my shave today:

Razor: Mongoose B1
Blade: Kai Titan Mild
Brush: Morris & Forndran 'Chief'
Soap: Wickham Super Smooth Shaving Soap - Club Cola

$3.jpg

Congratulations on the Mongoose. If it is a Batch 1, did you get it used or did it just take a really long time to get to you?

Congratulations on the Mongoose. If it is a Batch 1, did you get it used or did it just take a really long time to get to you?

I received mine from Batch 2. I signed up for the Mongoose back in late August. From when you signup the length of time for everyone to receive the Mongoose will be the same. It will probably take around 3 months to receive it. Which isn't bad at all.

I was a part of the M&F 'Chief' group buy which took after payment about 4-5 months to receive. All good things require patience. I won't be parting with the Mongoose or the 'Chief.'

Looks pretty good with the BBS-1 handle, can't wait to try it.. mine is en route.

Let us know how the shave goes. Enjoy!

Congrats on your new Mongoose. I would love to hear your initial thoughts.

WARHAWK

My initial thoughts is that the Mongoose delivers a very close shave. However, I don't find the Kai Titan Mild blades to be very smooth. I will try the Feather Pros next and see they work better for me. I will run through all the blades the Mongoose can take before making a final judgment.

Still waiting for an invoice, too. Still discovering vintage Gem/Ever Ready SE razors while I wait... which makes having patience somewhat easier.

Top Bottom