What's new

Who Does The Best restoring and sharpening?

Hello, I'm looking at a razor that is real nice but will need some professional attention if I buy it. There is some gold on the blade and is made in Solingen germany, Handle is nice and no chips in the blade. Who could I send this to for proper restoration?
Thank you for your time.

I got a 6 inch grinder, some steel wool and vinegar. Come on over we can drink some beer and put an edge on that thing like a Chevy bumper.

:thumbup:

But seriously check the honeing forum, several skilled people there. Also a few listed in classifieds.

There's a ton of talent here. Look through the hobbyist gallery for some examples of past work, see what speaks to you and go from there.

$$_57 (3).jpg$$_57 (4).jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rob...sPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2047675.l25

So I bought it. It looks nice to me.

unless you really love it for some special reason, i would just get it honed, and pass on the restoration. not a good value proposition just to clean it up.

Ditto... dont worry about resto. Just a hone and clean/polish will do wonders.

I have used gssixgun on several occasions as well as Bayamontate once. Both do excellent work.

Resto - MyCarver
Honing - Bayamontate

+1 and this coming from Gamma, another tenured, experienced straight user/restorer/honer/rock afficionado.

I've had honing done by Bayamontate and recent restoration by Mark/Mycarver. Both are a pleasure to work with and do outstanding work. Very easy to work/communicate with. Well worth the price of admission.

Cheers

Dan

Hard to say what can be done without seeing pics. What do you need done?.just a sharpening:? More? There's a number of us you could send it to.

I saw that on ebay. It's a nice looking razor. I wouldn't worry about getting any restoration done on it, it looks fine. Just get it honed.

I appreciate the advise. When it gets here I'll look it over but really I just want it to be shiny and sharp. I guess now I'll be needing a strop and will have to study on how to use a SR!

Top Bottom