What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Rogue S03E01
Ethan Kelly (Cole Hauser)shaves in the hospital.

$Rogue.S03E01.jpg

@alex2363
Did you catch my previous scenes?

The Last Ship S02E02
Captain Tom Chandler (Eric Dane) has a shave (end of the episode)

View attachment 582290

Sense8 S01E02
Gorsky (Brian J. Smith) shaving

View attachment 577998

Steamboat Willie - Buster Keaton gets his mustache removed with two quick flicks of a straight.

The film is called Steamboat Bill jr [ Steamboat Willie was the Mickey mouse animated movie]....this is one of my all time favorite movies by Keaton. It's written and he did all the stunt work. There's 2 shave scenes, one when his father Steamboat bill send him to get a shave. And the 2nd is when his father fights Steamboat owner and competitor king and king throws a rock through barber shop window prompting the barber to put a shave brush in mouth of the client.

$Screenshot_2015-06-27-12-42-34.jpg

$Screenshot_2015-06-27-12-42-37.jpg

2nd scene

$Screenshot_2015-06-27-13-09-47.jpg$Screenshot_2015-06-27-13-09-54.jpg

Twilight Zone. Season 1, episode 13: The Four of Us Are Dying

View attachment 580276

Good hunting, we already have it but don't stop the hunts

• Twilight Zone(1960) CBS, s3/e1: Charles Bronson shaves with a straight in war torn Germany.
  • Todd & the Book of pure Evil: SYFY TV; s1/e10;Jason Mewes "Shaving" with a Straight [p134]
  • Twilight Zone (1960) CBS "the four of us are dying",s1/e13; Arch is shaving with DE--[p 39]

Ruggles of Red Gap - 1935. About 15 minutes into the movie. Scene in Paris barber shop where Ruggle's butler and his wife (see below) take him to get his moustache trimmed.

In 1908 the Earl of Burnstead (Roland Young) gambles away his eminently correct English butler Marmaduke Ruggles (Charles Laughton). Ruggles' new masters, crude nouveau riche American millionaires Egbert and Effie Floud (Charles Ruggles and Mary Boland), bring Ruggles back to Red Gap, WA, a remote western boomtown.

When Ruggles is mistaken for a wealthy retired Englishman colonel, he becomes a celebrity in the small town. As Ruggles attempts to adjust to his rough new community, he learns to live life on his own terms, achieving a fulfilling independence as a result.

The climax of the film is Laughton’s recitation of the Gettysburg Address in a saloon filled with rough Western characters who are held spellbound by the speech. Newly imbued with the spirit of democracy and self-determination, Ruggles becomes his own man, giving up his previous employment and opening a restaurant in Red Gap.
Great hunt...it's in the movie log now. Sounds like a good movie too, I may see it.

Just watched Monsoon Wedding again last week. There's a scene where the dad is shown with face lathered and a brush. But the shaving scene I think of when I imagine what I want my DE shaves to be like is in an obscure Jack Lemmon movie from 1973 called Save the Tiger (not shave, save). He's shaving with a DE razor and it looks so smooth and comfortable. For the first 10 months of wet shaving I would think, "But it looked so easy in that movie--no cuts, no irritation, no bumps".
In that movie, he uses a Injector not DE

• Scaramouche (1952) André Moreau (Stewart Granger) gives his notary a shave. [p 129]
  • Santa Claus (1994) He was shaving with a DE.
  • Sawdust and Tinsel ( 1953) circus guys is very briefly shown DE shaving--[p 54]
  • Save the Tiger, (1973) Frank is shaving u sing a L type Injector--[p 86]

High Plains Drifter with Clint Eastwood. The barber gets started but is interrupted by a gunfight where Clint's "Man With No Name" kills three bad guys in a few seconds.
It's been hunted.

• High Sierra (1941) Humphrey Bogart is shaving with a DE.
  • High Plains Drifter (1973) Clint Eastwood's getting a shave and the bad guys go to ambush him--[p 51]
  • Highway 61 (1991) Pokey Jones, the Barber, shaves an entire motorcycle gang with a straight (at gunpoint).

Rawhide, 1961 - Episode called "The Incident of the Gentleman's Gentleman."

A British valet who's employer was slain joins the wagon train and appoints himself as trail boss Gil Favor's butler.

About 15 minutes into the episode, the valet prepares a tub of hot water for a bath for Favor and applies a nice dense lather for a shave. The shave is not shown. Next morning, the valet gives each of the cowboys a haircut.

Saw Kingsman The Secret Service again yesterday

There's a scene where a guy is splashing aftershave or cologne on his face. And in the next shot you can see a shaving brush, AS bottle and a bunch of towels in the bathroom.

I didn't want to explain the scene because to anyone that hasn't seen it. I would give out a lot of info on the film. Or spoil the film.

proxy.php

Homer uses a DE!!
Good hunt. ..

• S
  • Simpsons The (2002) FOX s13/e16-Homer imagines hallucinates shaves with a smiling SE razor
  • Simpsons The (2013) FOX s24/e13- Bart shaves his best friends head Milhouse--[p108]
  • Simpsons The [1990] FOX s2/e11- Homer teaches Bart to Shave
  • SimpsonsIn the [2002] FOX;s14/e5; Bart is getting a straight razor shave from a barber [p158]
  • Simpsons The [1993] s5- Patty Selma shave there Legs and they both use DE as well.
  • South Park [2010] Com Cent; s14/e13; CEO of BP shaves during an "I'm sorry" montage.[p158]
  • T

Show: the blacklist
Season 2, episode 14
Lather, brush and straight shave
Oh, got it. .

• Brezhnev (2005) Russian-1TV, S1: [SUB]Leonid Brezhnev is being shaved w straight razor--[p 75]
  • Boardwalk empire s3/e12; straight blade secene --[p 95]
  • Black list [2015] NBC season 2 episode 14. Red gets a straight razor shave from a barber

Cosby show Bald and Beautiful Season 3

Theo goes to shave his head when Cockroach stops him. Theo has shaving cream (not really) on his head and he is holding what looks like a Black Beauty. He continues to hold it when he is in his room.

Game of Thrones:

Season 1, Episode 1 (I think!): Rob Stark and Jon Snow are shaved with a straight razor by a barber at Winterfell, in preparation for a royal visit.

Season 4, Episode 2: Theon Greyjoy shaves Ramsay Bolton, using a crude-looking brush, a soap of some kind, and a straight razor.

Top Bottom