What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30204654

In this mini-documentary from the BBC on "Why do people like bashing Pennsylvania" the reporters interview some men hanging out in a barber shop. Beginning at the 4:20 mark, you can spot a strop on the barber chair, a menu of services on the wall that lists "Face Shave $25" and a drawing on the wall showing a man shaving himself with a straight razor.

Im from PA....I think that NJ gets bashed more though.

Nice one, i have to see this, i love Amy and Paul.
Don't waste your time. It's an awful movie. I'm a big fan of both actors, but this one is just not good.

But here's the money shot

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418863070723.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418863070723.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 138
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1418863232896.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418863232896.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 138
Listening to the radio on the way home from work, NPR's The Dinner Party had a segment on King C. Gillette's invention of the disposable razor blade. This segued into an interview with a Brookline, MA bartender, who developed a drink named The King's Fizz, in honor of KGC.

You can hear the radio segment here:
http://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/gillette/

Couldn't find a picture, but there's a scene in the movie 'Spy Game' where Robert Redford is shaving with a double edge. It's the part of the movie where they're in Beirut.

Couldn't find a picture, but there's a scene in the movie 'Spy Game' where Robert Redford is shaving with a double edge. It's the part of the movie where they're in Beirut.
Dont stop hunting...

• Speed Racer (2008) "Bad guy" drivers is shaving with a straight.
  • Spy Game (2001) Robert Redford shaves with a DE
  • Spy Who Came In From The Cold (1965) Richard Burton uses a DE.---[p 120]
  • Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) Troi and Riker are in the bath tub together while she shaves him--[p54]

Just finished watching "Dark Passage," a 1947 Bogie and Bacall flick.

Not a great movie, but...in one scene, after Bogie has shaved, there is -- look quick or you'll miss it! -- a Schick Type G on the sink.

I saw that and shouted out "Look! My birth year razor...just like mine upstairs!"

My wife looked at me, rolled her eyes, muttering something less than complimentary...

Am I sick?

Top Bottom