What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Let's see how movies or TV shows there are that have safety razor d/e shaving scenes. Name the movie/tv show and if possible, the d/e razor being used...lets see how many we can find.:thumbup::thumbup1::w00t:

In Multiplicity Michael Keaton's clone's clone (the slow one) wants to shave like everyone else so they give him a d/e sans blade and a bottle of whip cream. He then proceeds to 'shave' his face and tongue.

I've seen a few movies that had them but can't remember them all. I know Valkyrie has one in it. Strangely, I think Tom Cruise was using a Gillette and it looked like a Ranger Tech or similar, but he was German.

I also remember an episode of the cosby show where Cliff gave Theo a DE and told him to be careful and left him to learn on his own.

I've seen a few movies that had them but can't remember them all. I know Valkyrie has one in it. Strangely, I think Tom Cruise was using a Gillette and it looked like a Ranger Tech or similar, but he was German.

By the way, don’t copy his technique. :laugh:

I was watching the first season of Millennium on DVD this weekend and noticed a DE in the opening credits.

Not a shaving scene, and not DE, but in an episode of The Pacific a soldier gets hospitalized and has his GEM 1912 taken away.

close enough, dont have to be actually shaving but a d/e razor scene, where you can see the razor for atleast few seconds to know its a d/e razor.:thumbup1:

Wonderful scene in "North By Northwest" with Cary Grant. He has to shave in the train station with a girly razor borrowed from Eva Marie Saint and gets funny looks from the macho man with the straight razor at the next sink. Even without that it's a top 10 picture so rent it already!

Also in "The Untouchables" where the barber is shaving Al Capone ( Robert DeNiro) and cuts him by accident.

In "Little Big Man" Dustin Hoffman's character shuttles back and forth between Native American and white cultures; he shaves with a Bowie knife when he decides to go native.

Detour (1945): Tom Neal shaves with a DE razor and what looks like a 30mm brush.

Dark Passage (1947): Humphrey Bogart shaves with what looks like a slim DE razor after the bandages are removed from his face, but all we see is the razor being put down after he finishes.

In one of the James Bond movies, a DE razor is used by Bond.

Identifying the razor is something I can't do.

In the Darjeeling Limited one of the brothers uses what looks like a Merkur HD Slant. Lousy technique, lousy lather, not a great flick either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom