What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

BBC Life On Mars. Both Hunt and Tyler shave with DE safety razors. Can’t figure out make or model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A wonderful and sadly neglected holiday movie with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck called Remember the Night. Early in the movie, Ole Fred is banging away on his face with a nice late 30's DE.

A wonderful and sadly neglected holiday movie with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck called Remember the Night. Early in the movie, Ole Fred is banging away on his face with a nice late 30's DE.
+1! One our favorite Christmas movies. I have seen it several times and last year was the first time I noticed the shave scene.

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

Treadstone TV Season 1 Episode 1
A North Korean general is shown shaving with a straight
They must think no one uses these because I have not seen
a more clownish depiction of a shave. He's using it like a butter knife
They probably killed the edge before giving it to the actor.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
29 minutes 49 seconds into Star Trek: Insurrection.

Star Trek Insurrection - 29mins.49ses.jpg

I can think of worse shaves! :tongue_sm

She has good technique too...

Riker went on in a later scene to say "As smooth as an android's bottom" to Data. Data felt his face, grimaced and shook his head haha.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Dodge City (1946) with Errol Flynn has a scene in a barbershop at 33 minutes in. A barber has someone in a hot towel. The barber walks over to a wall with shelves that hold 42 mugs and brushes, presumably ones of his frequent customers. Later he shaves Errol with a Gillette Fusion Straight razor. I'm not sure how true to life the rack of mugs and brushes are, but I have heard of barber shops wherein patrons kept their brush and soap for use on them when they came in for a shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dodge City (1946) with Errol Flynn has a scene in a barbershop at 33 minutes in. A barber has someone in a hot towel. The barber walks over to a wall with shelves that hold 42 mugs and brushes, presumably ones of his frequent customers. Later he shaves Errol with a Gillette Fusion Straight razor. I'm not sure how true to life the rack of mugs and brushes are, but I have heard of barber shops wherein patrons kept their brush and soap for use on them when they came in for a shave.
Do you know if they rinsed the brushes?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Do you know if they rinsed the brushes?
They didn't show that. I would bet not, because just post civil war, not many knew anything of bacteria, etc and it was soap, so to them it was purely clean. Then consider that they tended not to waste anything.

FarmerTan

They didn't show that. I would bet not, because just post civil war, not many knew anything of bacteria, etc and it was soap, so to them it was purely clean. Then consider that they tended not to waste anything.
Thank you. Then my "Grampa" thread is right on historically speaking.

Treadstone, season 1, episode 8 (week of 12/2). About 55 minutes in, a character shaves. Can anyone tell what razor it is? It's pretty quick.

FarmerTan

Bravo! They did a lot of shaving in that show. I have many happy memories of watching that show, sitting or lying on the floor as a kid.

An intelligent, humourous, and many times poignant show. Hawkeye's humor if it was aimed at adults flew over the heads of youngsters. Pity that network primetime television is so..... sophomoric today.

Bravo! They did a lot of shaving in that show. I have many happy memories of watching that show, sitting or lying on the floor as a kid.

An intelligent, humourous, and many times poignant show. Hawkeye's humor if it was aimed at adults flew over the heads of youngsters. Pity that network primetime television is so..... sophomoric today.

Very true. Although I enjoy me some Brooklyn 9 9. I've got collections of quite a few old shows, and proud of em!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
T*A*T*E*R*S

Isn't that the truth! Most of today shows are nothing but a steady stream of one liner putdowns back and forth. One party lofts the softball the other smacks it and then the role is reversed. It's no wonder 99% of my TV watching is pre 1980 re-runs or TCM movies.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Wild Wild West - The Night of the Murderous Spring (Season 1, episode 27)

Starts about 8:10 into the episode (with commercials in there) James West uses a keyhole handled brush and a mug and used painting strokes, they don't show the actual shave. Doctor Loveless put a hallucinogen in West's shaving water.

Blacklist season 2 episode 14
My wife and I are binge watching this sow on Netflix. Redington gets a straight razor shave before being put up for auction.

Top Bottom