What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Just saw a My Pillow commercial. In the medicine cabinet is a long handle Weishi type TTO. Not shaving scene but a razor cameo of sorts.

As above, a cameo rather than an actual shave scene:

I watched "Hellraiser" on Netflix last night. Somewhere around halfway though, Rory comes home early after Julia has killed for the first time, and she quickly ducks into the bathroom to clean up before he sees her. On the windowsill is a wooden stand with a brush, a bowl with soap molded into it, and a razor. Looks to be something purchased as a set, as the bowl, brush handle and razor are all the same gold color, and they all fit into the stand very neatly. As by this time in the film all of brother Frank's crap has been either thrown out or closeted, this indicates Rory is a wet shaver. Unfortunately at the resolution of the stream I could not tell what kind of razor it was. It could have been a long handled DE, an injector-type SE, or a fancy cartridge handle. The head looked narrow for a DE, but it lacked the angled/hooked appearance of a cart, and was the same solid metallic gold as the handle.

I always felt Shemp was underrated
Indeed. But Curly was a hard act to beat. Curly replaced Shemp then Shemp replaced Curly. Joe Besser was a mistake and poor Joe DeRita could not cut it. The Horwitz Bros were the funniest to come out of Bensonhurst Brooklyn! Love the line Shemp tells his pupil:"now go gargle with old razor blades"!

Indeed. But Curly was a hard act to beat. Curly replaced Shemp then Shemp replaced Curly. Joe Besser was a mistake and poor Joe DeRita could not cut it. The Horwitz Bros were the funniest to come out of Bensonhurst Brooklyn! Love the line Shemp tells his pupil:"now go gargle with old razor blades"!
A friend of mine wrote a song about how Larry Fine was the forgotten stooge.

He was the middle child! That is really neat about your friend. No one does a better Larry Fine voice than Billy West. He based the character Stimpy on Ren and Stimpy with a perfect Larry. He also did many spoofs on Howard Stern years back with Larry at Woodstock and others. Drive off the road funny!

He was the middle child! That is really neat about your friend. No one does a better Larry Fine voice than Billy West. He based the character Stimpy on Ren and Stimpy with a perfect Larry. He also did many spoofs on Howard Stern years back with Larry at Woodstock and others. Drive off the road funny!
Larry at Woodstock, now that cracks me up. Although, from what I can remember, he played a mean fiddle in Dancing Lady.

Larry was a virtuoso violin player. He was also a compulsive pony gambler and never lived in a house or apartment. He lived in a hotel. It was also rumored that one side of his face was calloused from being slapped by Moe.

I just finished "Pride of the Yankees." Have the ball park scene with the Clog-Pruf advert and the guy getting a barber shave been added?

The one thing I notice about many shaving scenes is that someone or something always interrupts the shave and the character ends up wiping the shaving cream off half his face..

Archer is funny show IMO and the main guy is a spy. They show him shaving a couple of times and he is always straight razor shaving. dont know if this has been said yet or not

Hogans Heroes Season 2 Epi 26 Flood the Famous shaves with a SE Gem not sure if it is a Micromatic but it's an SE. Klink, you are a dumkopf!

The one thing I notice about many shaving scenes is that someone or something always interrupts the shave and the character ends up wiping the shaving cream off half his face..

@masonjarjar that's a great observation.. you're quite right..
In Death on the Nile, Hercule Poirot goes to his stateroom to splash on some cologne and refresh himself.. no shaving involved but he was interrupted by a cobra....Almost as bad as having all the kids rush into the bathroom when you're trying to have a nice relaxing shave.

The Untouchables movie, 1987 with Deniro as Big Al, opening scene he gets lathered up in a barber chair with a brush and the first pass the barber made with the straight, he cuts him.

IMG_8698.JPG
David Bradford (Grant Goodie) shaves with some sort of DE in Season 1 Episode 4 of "Eight Is Enough".

Very true on shaving scenes being interrupted. Never fails. I guess they cannot have a scene go on for 15 mins. Many folks have the attention span of a gnat so we always see half a face getting wiped off. Funny how both sides of the face look the same. Ah! No blade in the razor, perhaps?

Top Bottom