What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I just read a book that is a compilation of all of John Lennon's (known) correspondence. In it are several notes he left for his assistant Fred Seaman during the time he was being a stay at home dad living in the Dakota. At least 3 of those notes leave instructions for Fred to pick him up shave related gear. A shaving brush in one, a razor (with one blade) in another, etc.. This would have been around 1975, well after the invention of carts and canned goo.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Saw a promo for War for the Planet of the Apes, and some guy was shaving his head with a straight.
Woody Harelson?
Bruce & Alex:
Yup...that's Woody (as The Colonel), shaving his head.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
“One Razor, One Lather; One Shave at a Time”. CBJ

This may be listed but I can't find the list.

They Came to Cordura about the Pancho Villa expedition in 1916...
Tab Hunter lathers with a mug and a large brush.
vlcsnap-2017-07-18-11h41m15s169.png

This may have already been mentioned but I have been watching Seinfeld episodes a lot lately and last night there was one where Kramer was lathering up for a shave using a brush. The scene did not include shaving but I count lathering up as a shaving scene. The brush looked like it might be a boar brush too, although I'm not entirely positive.

Also from Jeeves and Wooster Season 4... episode The Delayed Arrival...
Jeeves gives Bertie a razor for his mustache so that Bertie can dress up as the young maid who stole the pearls...
vlcsnap-2017-07-10-20h55m21s205.png
vlcsnap-2017-07-10-20h55m21s209.png

This may have already been mentioned but I have been watching Seinfeld episodes a lot lately and last night there was one where Kramer was lathering up for a shave using a brush. The scene did not include shaving but I count lathering up as a shaving scene. The brush looked like it might be a boar brush too, although I'm not entirely positive.
Mentioned already but still fun to repeat...

We watched an old movie called The Pride of the Marines with John Garfield. Early in the film, he is shaving before dinner and being watched by a young girl who asks him to shave her face. He has a 3 piece that he removes the blade from, puts some lather on her face, and shaves with what looks like a Gillette New. I can't tell if long or short comb, but enlarging the photo shows what I think is the common bar handle.
pride marines 1.jpg

We watched an old movie called The Pride of the Marines with John Garfield. Early in the film, he is shaving before dinner and being watched by a young girl who asks him to shave her face. He has a 3 piece that he removes the blade from, puts some lather on her face, and shaves with what looks like a Gillette New. I can't tell if long or short comb, but enlarging the photo shows what I think is the common bar handle.
View attachment 812672
good call on the ID of the razor (very good movie too)

View attachment 812672
Great shaving scene catch....

I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned before...

In the Star Trek: Voyager episode "The Year of Hell, Part 1", Tuvok shaves with what I assume is a traditional Vulcan razor.
proxy.php

It looks like a bit of a frown on that blade, though. :)

BTW, while looking for that image, I found this exchange from the ST:TNG Episode "Code of Honor":

Data: Why that razor, my friend? Why not the one I adjusted to perfect efficiency?
La Forge: Shaving is a human art form, Data. Technological perfection can shave too close.
Data: Puzzling. How can anything be too efficient?
La Forge: Thousands of things are too efficient, Data, at least for humans.​

Data: Why that razor, my friend? Why not the one I adjusted to perfect efficiency?
La Forge: Shaving is a human art form, Data. Technological perfection can shave too close.
Data: Puzzling. How can anything be too efficient?
La Forge: Thousands of things are too efficient, Data, at least for humans.
Epic quote! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom