What's new

Who can name Movies or TV shows that have fancy Pen scenes?

Went to see Finding Dory with the fam for father's day. Preview for Nine Lives showed the Kevin Spacey cat trying to use a Pelikan...I think it was probably an M800.

$Screenshot (1).jpg

Jinhao x450 - I have one just like it.
Me as well. Except mine is black. I got a question for you seem to be knowledgeable,idk if you have ever seen a show on ABC called Designated Survivor,the kiefer Sutherland play main character potus kirkman. Anyway he uses a nice black & gold pen,you think you could check it and maybe get bead on what it is. It can be seen capped and being used very often. Id you could help me or anyone could would appreciate

This thread was not uninteresting, a revival couldn't hurt.

I put this picture up on a couple of other forums, why not this one? It's from the British comedy series, The Windsors, making fun of their royal family. I watched it on Netflix.

Here, Pippa Middleton writes a letter. Using a fountain pen was no doubt intended to add a touch of class, but it looks like a cheap one. I was thinking a Parker Vector, but someone else said Parker Jotter, and on second thought, I think he was right.
Pippa.png

This thread was not uninteresting, a revival couldn't hurt.

I put this picture up on a couple of other forums, why not this one? It's from the British comedy series, The Windsors, making fun of their royal family. I watched it on Netflix.

Here, Pippa Middleton writes a letter. Using a fountain pen was no doubt intended to add a touch of class, but it looks like a cheap one. I was thinking a Parker Vector, but someone else said Parker Jotter, and on second thought, I think he was right.View attachment 895515

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I didn’t go back and read through the entire thread, so this might have been mentioned already. But I would have to say my favorite fountain scene in a film is Mickey Mouse using his fountain pen like a machine gun to mow down the card soldiers in the Through the Looking Glass short.

Sixteen pages... I'll have to read it later... But if it hasn't yet been mentioned, Shakespeare in Love. (Feather quill in heavy use, and very ink-stained fingers...) Makes one wonder, could the original feather in a cap have been a way to carry a pen?

I didn’t go back and read through the entire thread, so this might have been mentioned already. But I would have to say my favorite fountain scene in a film is Mickey Mouse using his fountain pen like a machine gun to mow down the card soldiers in the Through the Looking Glass short.

I don't know that this thread is really aching to be revived. But speaking of cartoon mice and fountain pens, here are Pinky and the Brain.

vlcsnap-2017-09-08-15h26m08s306.png

In the Netflix series Dark there were a few pen scenes. It's a time travel twister, so timeframes were 2019, 1986, 1953, and 1920. Interesting looking but unidentifiable pens are shown in 1953 and 1920.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow Nibsters:
Again, although not in the category as you specified ("Who can name Movies or TV shows that have fancy Pen scenes"?), but;

"King Charles III was officially proclaimed as Britain's new monarch on Saturday (September 10, 2022), at a historic ceremony in St James's Palace. During the signing ceremony, Charles was seen to prompt his aide to remove a tray of pens off his desk before continuing to put pen to paper (definitely a FP, but can't make out the name & model)". Fountain Pen Icon.png

Works Cited: King Charles III inkpot gift from sons and gestures for a aid to remove a tray of FP's

1662847090720.png"Queen Elizabeth was a life well lived; a promise with destiny kept and she is mourned most deeply in her passing. That promise of lifelong service I renew to you all today". King Charles III

Last edited:
Over on FPN the consensus is that it is a barleycorn montblanc that he has used several times over the years. It seemed kinda odd to me that he would use a German pen to sign a document of such importance, but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Who knows if the folks at FPN are right...I am pretty sure the nib was not a fine though!

Over on FPN the consensus is that it is a barleycorn montblanc that he has used several times over the years. It seemed kinda odd to me that he would use a German pen to sign a document of such importance, but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Who knows if the folks at FPN are right...I am pretty sure the nib was not a fine though!
The choice of a German pen might not be as ironic as you think. The founder of the current royal line was a German prince. Here's a quote from a website outlining Charles' family tree, "Victoria married Albert of Saxe-Coburg Gotha in 1840. The marriage founded the The new Royal House of Saxe-Coburg Gotha which already ruled Belgium. This was the origin of the House of Windsor which originated in modern day Germany." The First World War, 1914-1918, brought about a change in the family name to 'Windsor'.

Top Bottom