What's new

Who are the "high end" aftershave makers?

What are you looking for in a “high-end”? Our answer may vary depending on what you’re after. Face feel? Moisture? Scent?

Face-feel, I’d say Antica Barberia Colla or Weleda have been the best for me in balms. I like Chatillon Lux and Myrsol in splashes although I also love the feel of Proraso Green. Others recommended by people I trust are Sebum, Maol Grooming and Castle Forbes.

Moisture: I’ve tried samples of Wickhams and also like Grooming Dept Moisturizing Serum.

Scent is very YMMV. Of course some higher end perfumers also do AS - Creed, Penhaligon, etc. I don’t appreciate longer lasting scents so I’m the wrong person to give you advice here.

Bob, I ordered some Weleda based on your recommendation in this and another thread. Looking forward to trying it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I mainly use balms from T&H, Penhaligons and my favorite is Floris. From the cheaper versions, I like both Speick and Tabac. I did pick up a pretty large tube of aftershave cream from Duluth Trading and it is also very nice.
My favorite splashes are the Clubman Special Reserve and Acqua di Parma, which I like a lot in the summer months - wish they had a smaller hole in the bottle, if you do not watch out, one gets way too much out and waste this not too cheap product.

I'm not going to list a bunch. All I have to say is Tallow+Steel. The scents may be slightly polarizing, but for my tastes no other aftershave splash is as good as this one. Unscented Stirling is my favorite balm, works as well as many high end balms, it feels a little different, and is a quarter of the price. Cheers!

My favorites are D.R. Harris, T&H, and Trumpers. And if price is not a barrier, Pinaud Special Reserve and Clubman, :001_rolle

My wife bought me the ”Kingsman” cream/AS/Cologne set from AOS. The balm is very good. The scent is great as well.

Top Bottom