What's new

Who Are Currently Making SR's?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Who (name and country please) are currently making traditional straight razors (not replaceable blade SR's)?

Do not include those who are selling their old stock like Dovo, Revisor, etc.. By "make" I mean grinding and finishing a SR from either in-house or outside produced blanks.

To start this list, in no particular order:

1. Ralf Aust, Solingen, Germany
2. Steve Colling , Proserpine, Australia
3. Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China

Last edited:
DC Blades (Gladston, QLD, australia),
Boxer custom Razors (Brisbane, QLD Australia).
Both craftsmen are on this forum (and other related cutlery forums), however their user names escape me at the moment.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
DC Blades (Gladston, QLD, australia),
Boxer custom Razors (Brisbane, QLD Australia).
Both craftsmen are on this forum (and other related cutlery forums), however their user names escape me at the moment.
Interesting, I didn't realise that there were at least three current traditional SR manufacturers in just the State of Queensland in Australia.

The list grows:

4. DC Blades, Gladstone, Australia
5. Boxer Custom Razors, Brisbane, Australia

Did you mean Dovo? I thought they were still doing new production.

Thiers Issard, Wacker, Boker. I'm not sure what the story is with Rasoir Sabre France, I believe they source blanks from both TI and Herkenrath in Solingen. Koraat. There were a handful of one-man shows in the US but I don't know if they're still active.

Rigarazor.
Also I was under the impression Revisor was still making new stock under their name in addition to their trove of NOS. At least they used to, didn't they?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Did you mean Dovo? I thought they were still doing new production.

Thiers Issard, Wacker, Boker. I'm not sure what the story is with Rasoir Sabre France, I believe they source blanks from both TI and Herkenrath in Solingen. Koraat. There were a handful of one-man shows in the US but I don't know if they're still active.
Yes, I meant Dovo. Now corrected. From what I have read, since their recent financial troubles, Dovo have currently stopped manufacturing new traditional SR's in-house and are only selling stock on hand.

I am not sure about Thiers Issard, Wacker, Boker or Rasoir Sabre. Perhaps others have reliable information on them.

4. DC Blades, Gladstone, Australia
5. Boxer Custom Razors, Brisbane, Australia
6. Koraat-Knives, Wachau, Austria
7. Iwasaki, (unknown), Japan
8. Rigarazor, Riga, Latvia

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Also I was under the impression Revisor was still making new stock under their name in addition to their trove of NOS. At least they used to, didn't they?
I haven't heard of them manufacturing new SR's for a few years now. As far as I know, they are now just selling stock on hand.

Max Sprecher, USA
Hart Razors, USA
Blades Grimm, USA
Shave Smith, USA

Its unclear to me if Brian Brown (USA) and Portland Razor Co (USA) are still actually making razors.

Last edited:
Böker is definitely producing.
They have their standard catalogue models and the option to configure your model individually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom