What's new

Who a runner on here I do track and field the 100M and 200M and 400M and 4x4 relay ?

I was on the soccer team in hs and college. All of us were on the track team too, mostly long distance but a few did the shorter ones.

I wish I still ran but soccer injuries make it kinda painful. I bike now.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I ran track in high school, but I ran distance. So, in a way, I also kinda ran that 4x4, except that I ran the whole thing by myself and didn't bother with a baton. Sometimes, I might even run two in a row without even quitting!

M

member 124581

I ran track in high school, but I ran distance. So, in a way, I also kinda ran that 4x4, except that I ran the whole thing by myself and didn't bother with a baton. Sometimes, I might even run two in a row without even quitting!
Nice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Thanks. I don't know if I made as good a joke as I thought I might (I was watching the Astros and had been up since early yesterday morning :a1:). What I meant was that I typically ran the 1600m and 3200m. There was the occasional 800m, but that was pretty much a half-mile sprint for me, as I had to go all-out for the whole thing just to keep up with the guys that ran it primarily (and maybe also quarters).

These days, I'm pretty much on the elliptical.

M

member 124581

Thanks. I don't know if I made as good a joke as I thought I might (I was watching the Astros and had been up since early yesterday morning :a1:). What I meant was that I typically ran the 1600m and 3200m. There was the occasional 800m, but that was pretty much a half-mile sprint for me, as I had to go all-out for the whole thing just to keep up with the guys that ran it primarily (and maybe also quarters).

These days, I'm pretty much on the elliptical.
You are welcome.

As I sit here looking at the snowy forecast for Pennsylvania and most of the northeast, I would strongly recommend an SEC school. Or anything down South where you won’t need to put on boots and a balaclava to get to class in the winter.

That being said, when I looked at schools for diving I wanted a big school with good competition. That pretty much eliminated my D2 and D3 options, so I ended up at a mid-sized D1 school where the coach showed a lot of interest.

My Son is an All American DIII at Loras College in Iowa. If you’re not fast enough for D I then I highly recommend the coach and school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

member 124581

RobinsonCommit.jpg

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I a runner, not very fast. Have logged 500 miles a year for the past several years. Completed my first (and last) marathon in 2013 in about 6 hours (did I say not very fast) Have run 8 or so half marathons, best time was around 2:15. Particularly enjoy running trails here in the western North Carolina mountains...and drinking beer.

Top Bottom