What's new

Whittled Down the Soaps

I finally whittled down my soaps/creams to a consistent group of favorites. Generally, I don't like strongly scented soaps. I also have a soft spot for bargain soaps, especially ones I can easily use from a mug.

I use one of each:

Mug Soap -> Williams or Arko (cut into mug friendly size)
Shave Stick -> Speick, La Toja or Palmolive
Cream -> Palmolive, Lavanda, Mogno or Palmolive Mentholated
Castle Forbes Lavender
SV
MdC
Panama or ABC

Always something good in this list.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Some great choices. I too am happy and settled on soaps apart from the odd vintage bargain that catches my eye. Here are the soaps in my rotation:

Yardley
Yardley Black Label - stick and bowl
Yardley English Blazer
Goya Cedarwood
Goya Corvette
Cussons Imperial Leather - stick and bowl
Shulton Old Spice
Fabergé Brut
Avon Today's Man
Arko

Now, I just need to fix my razors, brushes, and aftershaves 😂

Me too.

1647319307380.png

I'll be here all week ...

I finally whittled down my soaps/creams to a consistent group of favorites. Generally, I don't like strongly scented soaps. I also have a soft spot for bargain soaps, especially ones I can easily use from a mug.

I use one of each:

Mug Soap -> Williams or Arko (cut into mug friendly size)
Shave Stick -> Speick, La Toja or Palmolive
Cream -> Palmolive, Lavanda, Mogno or Palmolive Mentholated
Castle Forbes Lavender
SV
MdC
Panama or ABC

Always something good in this list.
My approach is similar though even more focused towards value soaps. I keep a regular rotation of three soaps (each in it's own ceramic mug/container) Williams and two versions of my Van Der Williams blends. For a little variety each week I'll use one of the following additional soaps:

Proraso red croap (either by itself or to blend, on a per shave basis, with one of the soaps in rotation)
Van Der Haagen Luxury (I use the Van Der Haagen Deluxe in my blends)
Arko puck

I’ve found enough good ones now that I can safely stop the hunt for more. I tend to stick with a selection of the following:

Acqua di Parma
Baume
Castle Forbes
DR Harris
Fitjar Islands
Martin di Candre
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Musgo Real
Saponificio Varesino

Plenty of others were good enough but didn’t quite make the grade for repeat purchase. I tend to prefer creams but some soaps are too good to ignore.

Top Bottom