What's new

White2Tea sheng sampler

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you read through some of the great puerh (fermented Chinese tea) threads in this forum - and they are some epic and educational reading - the name of one tea supplier is noticeable: White2Tea (white2tea).

I am making a serious effort to learn more about sheng (raw) and shu (cooked/ripe) puerh tea. It's a learning challenge; there is some serious ground to cover with this august beverage. Anyways.

While looking at their website I noticed exactly what I need: a sampler with three specific regional shengs and one truly aged sheng.

The four sample cakes are small "beengs," stacked together in a wrap to make a mini-tong.

full

Took a couple weeks from China, but I was super pleased this well-chosen educational kit even came with a puerh tea needle (for picking cakes apart) and a one-shot sample of another tea. Plus free shipping! on this one item.

full

Their site's pretty creative; so are the teas.

Home

Just tried the 2015 Spring raw cake ... expecting it to be harsh or grassy, instead it was really great!

more later ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wow; crickets. :a15:

Though I know we have tea drinkers here.

Home

Worth a click: the white2tea website (above). The graphic design alone makes it worth the trip, but their teas are undoubtedly worthwhile.

AA

Well, I just found this and I'm glad I did! It's a far less intimidating site than most for a newbie. I'm not making a purchase decision just yet, but I'm also eying the various samplers. Do you have any other comments on the samples you received, now that you've had a few months with them?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great to see another learner bump the thread ...

As with shave soaps, I've picked up too many teas too fast. What's come through is I'm apparently a Shu fan over sheng .... So far.

Only tried two of these beengs and that's not an education. Yet. Best would be to make all four pots in a day ... Cold weather is coming.

There's really no hurry, since puerh gets better with time!

Every time you drink a new tea, it's an educational experience. It really is like wine; I'm hoping like heck to be able to find another of the beengs I really like.

AA

Top Bottom