What's new

Whistler....

We are headed to Whistler the last weekend of May for 7 days. On a company trip and curious what to do while we are in Canada. A Texan in Canada... I'd like to do some off-roading, fishing and hunting if possible.

We are headed to Whistler the last weekend of May for 7 days. On a company trip and curious what to do while we are in Canada. A Texan in Canada... I'd like to do some off-roading, fishing and hunting if possible.
Fishing is easy. You just need to get a visitor permit
Hunting is more problematic. As a none resident you would need to go out with a licensed guide The guide wound obtain all the required permits, tags ect.
But I think most of the big game animals are out of season at the moment.

Lots of fly fishing of that is what you are looking for. Salt water fishing is a few hours away.

I spoke with an outfitter on friday. We are looking at doing some trout fishing on a few streams and possible a float trip in a mountain lake. My hunting options are almost 0% but he is going to see what they may have to offer.
I also looked at a side by side mountain trip that includes lunch. I'm really excited about that trip!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Whistler the last weekend of May for 7 days.

Not sure if you have enough time/interest in this but ... if you want a road trip, take Highway 99 north from Whistler to Pemberton and then on to Lillooet. From there, you can do a "triangle to Cache Creek, Lytton, and back to Lillooet before returning to Whistler. Great scenery. That trip can be done in a day of driving, with a few stops along the way for scenery.

There's a spring turkey opening southern interior, and if you want a new experience call up Tony at Harrison; he's the best sturgeon guide I know. Salmon don't run till late summer/fall but offshore's an option; freshwater's hit or miss unless the dollies and cutts are on the fry heading to the ocean.

Top Bottom