What's new

Whisky Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member Whisky

110165.jpg

@Whisky has been a member of Badger and Blade since May 8, 2016

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I read an article in some magazine about wet shaving and started doing some research. B&B was constantly at the top of the search lists. I was a lurker for a while but eventually joined so that I could contribute to the conversations.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I'm currently semi-retired but was a Critical Care/Community Health Paramedic for 17yrs and in EMS a total of 19yrs. Prior to that I worked as a firefighter and electrician.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Austin, Tx and love the Big Bend region of west Tx.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

That's a tough question. I think I would stay in the US, probably Maine, Michigan, or Texas.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Anything outside. I enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc. I read a lot, and I'm not sure if drinking alcohol counts as a hobby or pastime but I enjoy trying beers from craft breweries.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Ron Swanson and I share a lot of the same interests, steaks, bacon, Lagavulin Scotch, and limited government.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Both of my Grandfathers. Both died when I was young and I never really got to know either of them.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Visit the Alps

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I've delivered 8 babies in the field, one of the grossest and most magical things I've ever done. Starting a family of my own is also something I'm extremely proud of, there were times in my life when I could barely take care of myself much less 3 kids.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Listen to and respect your elders. This goes for people other than your elders as well.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

I'd like to be able to fly.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A bird of prey.

13. What kind of music do you like?

My music interests are all over the place. My playlists are mostly Texas/Red dirt country, 90's country, and heavy metal. There is also quite a bit of classical, Blues, Death Metal and Techno thrown in.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Indiana Jones

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"I can't believe he got paid to do that." (It would have to be a book about the strange, funny, scary, sad, and wonderful calls in EMS.)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm just now reading this.

We have much in common, so sad for you.

There is nothing like being present at a birth. In nursing skool I watched a human woman eat an entire McDonald's meal at the same time she was being told to "push!"

I have GOT to start that book!

My son had me watch a thing on utoob where that actor had an interview while eating hotter and hotter peppers. MY mouth burned. He is quite literally a genius, and a nice guy...... quite a bit like myself, tho he's not quite as incredibly handsome, poor man.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I'm just now reading this.

We have much in common, so sad for you.

There is nothing like being present at a birth. In nursing skool I watched a human woman eat an entire McDonald's meal at the same time she was being told to "push!"
Child birth is beautiful until it’s on a floor in a crack house and you can see cockroaches crawling up the wall. My first delivery was when I was an I was a EMT student and my medic preceptor said “you’re up. I’m right here if you need anything, don’t drop the baby, they’re slippery when they came out.” I’d had about 20hrs of training at this point and absolutely none of it had to do with delivering babies.

Top Bottom