What's new

Whisker Growth Day -v- Night

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I understand that people have different metabolisms, diets, etc. that affect their whisker growth.

Recently I have been shaving about every 12 hours (morning and evening). I have started to notice that my whiskers feel as though they grow more in the evening to morning period than in the morning to evening period.

Has anyone else noticed that their whisker grow more in one 12-hour period than another?

Interesting. Our metabolic rates slow down during sleep and are lowest in the morning, so I would have expected the opposite. But, then, my skin is different when I've been resting versus when I've been upright all day, so there are other variables.

The more rested I am the more my whiskers grow. Also my Proraso Wood and Spice balm works like a fertiliser:)

I could shave every 12 hours if my face could take it, but it can’t. I always thought I had super human hair growth. I am 50 and my growth has not slowed down since I started shaving, and I could grow a full beard at 14.
The picture is less than 24 hours after a BBS R41 shave. 7787986C-8BBB-435D-8B83-FCCFFBA5522B.jpeg

Attachments

• 83145BFC-4BFA-4D0A-AE1B-E9788892D7B6.jpeg
    83145BFC-4BFA-4D0A-AE1B-E9788892D7B6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I could shave every 12 hours if my face could take it, but it can’t. I always thought I had super human hair growth. I am 50 and my growth has not slowed down since I started shaving, and I could grow a full beard at 14.
The picture is less than 24 hours after a BBS R41 shave. View attachment 1660687
I shave with straight razors. Now that I have developed a reasonably good shaving technique, skin irritation is a thing of the past. I can do as many passes as I feel like. I do this for the enjoyment of SR shaving, not because I need to.

The most passes I have done in one shaving session is seven; 3xWTG, 1 x XTG+fool's pass (CdM), 1xXTG and 2xXTG in opposite direction. Still no irritation and I could have done more but time constraints prevented me.

My current two shaves per day are; morning - WTG, XTG+CdM and XTG in opposite direction, evening is the same except omitting the CdM.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Could be the prep. Do you do the same prep in the evening?
Yes, exactly the same prep both morning and evening.

By the way, I dropped your suggested two-pass morning shave. I am a face-feeler during the day and couldn't put up with the feel of my face with only a WTG and XTG+CdM in the morning. I am now doing WTG, XTG+CdM and XTG in opposite direction for my morning shave and the same for my evening shave, except for the CdM.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I understand that people have different metabolisms, diets, etc. that affect their whisker growth.

Recently I have been shaving about every 12 hours (morning and evening). I have started to notice that my whiskers feel as though they grow more in the evening to morning period than in the morning to evening period.

Has anyone else noticed that their whisker grow more in one 12-hour period than another?
I have read that whiskers grow faster at night and that seems correct from my experience.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
After more internet research, I have only come up with one article (2021) covering beard growth between day and night. This article is very limited in its study and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the final conclusion.

It is looking like I might have to do my own research.

Can't say for certain, but my beard growth seems to be the same day or night.
But then again, at my age, I have hair going where I don't want it! :001_smile

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If I shave in the morning, it feels like I have to shave again before bed. If I shave before bed, I’m usually good until the next night.

Top Bottom