What's new

which way to go?

Thanks for your time everyone!
So I have a Game changer on the way with a bulldog handle and .68 plate, and one with an .84 plate and HD handle. Because of all the glowing reviews I figured I would make them my first "premium" purchase so to speak. Now I keep seeing and hearing how great ATT Windsors are and I keep looking at the polished version with the Calypso (3 1/2" barber pole) handle. I think its a case of FOMO, so I guess my question is, how do they compare to one another? M plate vs .68? R plate vs .84? fit and finish? shave quality? Is $200 the point of diminishing return, or is $100? My current daily driver is a K4 tech with a Personna lab blue. l've kind of gotten over the whole vintage thing, and would like to settle down to one or two premium razors, one mild daily driver, and possibly a slightly more aggressive one for heavy days. The Timeless has caught my eye but they seem to have a thicker head, which isn't my preference.one of the first things I loved about the tech was the thin head and how easy it was to use under my nose. Thats the reason I'll be selling a slim and super speed soon. to bulky. I know that was long winded, but if you made it this far, I'd love to hear your experiences and opinions.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Razor preference is a very personal thing. How each compares for one person, may not be reflected in the next. Two commonly praised razors did not work for me when I tried them, and I got rid of them. Nothing else I tried displaced my primary (humbly priced) razor.

Yet temptation will always be there. There will always be someone singing the praises of the new hotness. Maybe for them, that new razor is genuinely the best they have experienced, or in part at least, it may be to justify to themselves the price they paid for it.

Whether you choose to stick with the first razor that works really well for you, or follow the hype and engage in the never ending quest for "best" is entirely up to you. Personally, I enjoy shaving but not shopping, which is a separate hobby entirely, and one which does not fulfil me.

Top Bottom