What's new

Which version of Gillette Sword blade is this?

All the pictures I'm seeing online are of a silver blade, not black like this... Received in a sampler pack

IMG_20200212_185052.jpg

Woah, that's interesting. It's a fairly new blade as indicated by the updated Gillette logo script on the wrapper. Looks carbon which is strange.

I'm going to bet it's some fake...
Are there any markings (date) on the other side?
Envelope says where it was made?
And most important: was it a good shaver?

I'm going to bet it's some fake...
Are there any markings (date) on the other side?
Envelope says where it was made?
And most important: was it a good shaver?

No date and the envelope doesn't say where it's made. Other side pictured below. Not sure that I actually want to use it since I'm wondering if it's counterfeit?

Looks like they might also be for sale on Groomatorium, but the blade isn't pictured so can't tell for sure: Gillette Sword DE Safety Razor Blades - 5 pack - https://groomatorium.com/collections/blades/products/gillette-sword-de-safety-razor-blades-5-pack

IMG_20200212_225210.jpg

Woah, that's interesting. It's a fairly new blade as indicated by the updated Gillette logo script on the wrapper. Looks carbon which is strange.

Yes, it looks like a new blade, but the quality of counterfeiting from China in particular for the Super Blue blades is very good however it does look like a CS blade, and the only factories making them I know of are Czech Blades and Treet in Pakistan.

If Gillette are making CS blades in India/China it could be a good thing. I really like the CS ones Treet makes.

Looks like they're made in the Gillette factory in Shanghai, distributed in Indonesia:
1581598690054.png

The infamous Flying Eagle carbon blades are also made in the Shanghai Gillette factory:
Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 3.00.24 PM.png

Review of Gillette Sword on a Russian forum was extremely critical of the blades, reviewer stating that they were the worst blade he had ever used.

Top Bottom