What's new

Which titanium razor should I purchase?

Can’t wait to take her for a spin when she gets here! I made the horrible mistake of ordering on a Saturday, so the added day of delay in shipping is just adding to the anticipation.
So how are the razors working out for you? Which has been your favorite so far?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Great choice. I’m a timeless fan but ss. I recently did buy the crown Ti handle to use on other heads and because it looks so nice. And of course it’s so fantastic. The build quality is insane. One thing though I was shocked at how light it is. It’s taken me some time to get used to the feather weight.
I have that Timeless Titanium Crown handle on the way..... It isn't that I don't like the handles that come with my ESC Claymore Evolutions... it's just that that handle looks so cool... and it will be interesting to see what a difference taking an ounce off the weight of a Claymore Evo feels like.

I think my Traditional Wet Shaving rabbit hole is shrinking.... I'm getting comfortable with my gear (and my face, I might add. <eg>)...

Owning the SS Timeless 95 OC, they're nice razors, being one of the more efficient razors I own, and is more efficient than my Rockwell 6s. The Rex Ambassador yields a slightly closer BBS shave, however, the Timeless is smoother & more comfortable, even in OC form. Blades makes a difference in the Timeless, so if you don't like the shave, try another brand of blade. - FWIW, I find the Rapira Platinum Lux, older Personna Red (Israeli), and Nacet blades to be a perfect match, the new German replacement for the Personna Red, not so much. (Pol-Silver SI & KAI blades are also pretty good in my 95 OC, while Wilkinson Sword blades tend to give lots of weepers, so go figure).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have that Timeless Titanium Crown handle on the way..... It isn't that I don't like the handles that come with my ESC Claymore Evolutions... it's just that that handle looks so cool... and it will be interesting to see what a difference taking an ounce off the weight of a Claymore Evo feels like.

I think my Traditional Wet Shaving rabbit hole is shrinking.... I'm getting comfortable with my gear (and my face, I might add. <eg>)...
I’m pretty sure you will love it. I got use to the light weight easily. The quality construction abd grip is fantastic.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m pretty sure you will love it. I got use to the light weight easily. The quality construction abd grip is fantastic.
It just showed up today... what a thing of beauty. I love how it feels in my hand. I'm going to shave a bit later on this afternoon... I'm sure I'll give a glowing report back afterwards. The razor stand is also beautiful. Their photos on the website don't do either justice.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
But all I can offer is my opinion regarding what works for me. Your personal experience should be your guide. I agree with @muzichead's suggestion to get both razors, get in a few shaves with each one, keep the one you like and return the other one.
Or keep them both!:cornut:

I have the Ti95OC and this discussion is really getting me to start looking at a Blackbird...

~doug~

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've got a Blackbird Ti on the way to me thanks to the BST.
Prepare yourself for this, David …
1653493596728.gif

I would only need the head assembly, as I would make my own handle for it or use one that I already have. I see that Blackland sells the Vector baseplate by itself, but I don't see the cap for sale.

Hmmm, the Vector handle does look nice.:ouch1:

~doug~

Right. We sell base plates so owners can get experience different shave setups, but we don't sell the top caps. Each of our razors is designed as a complete unit with the head and handle specifically intended to work together. So we like to keep it as an assembly rather than selling heads to ensure that users get the experience we're intending. :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Right. We sell base plates so owners can get experience different shave setups, but we don't sell the top caps. Each of our razors is designed as a complete unit with the head and handle specifically intended to work together. So we like to keep it as an assembly rather than selling heads to ensure that users get the experience we're intending. :)
I totally understand, as I used to make power tools for surgeons, and those guys want something comfortable in their hands while sawing through your bones.

The Vector is a very nice looking razor as a whole indeed.:cornut:

~doug~

Sorry to hijack and restart this thread

I currently use a Merkur Futur and have tried all diff settings with different blades most needing highest setting to get a close shave, but I have just tried a Feather blade and on lowest setting its given me the best shave yet

So which Ti razor would people recomend, I know the Futur is classed as a aggressive razor but now im thinking with a Feather blade can or should i be going for a milder one

thanks

Get a Wolfman WR2 in Ti...either 1.05 or 1.15 or 1.25
If there is no budget restriction.
No brainer.
Ti takes WR2 to a new level IMO.

Get a Wolfman WR2 in Ti...either 1.05 or 1.15 or 1.25
If there is no budget restriction.
No brainer.
Ti takes WR2 to a new level IMO.

yeah that maybe would be pushing the budget, its one of them things if you could try before you buy. I could potentially justify it.

Price wise Blackbird Titanium would be about the budget, but then its open comb or not

yeah that maybe would be pushing the budget, its one of them things if you could try before you buy. I could potentially justify it.

Price wise Blackbird Titanium would be about the budget, but then its open comb or not
I love my Blackbird ti, and it’s currently my goat razor. I have both the lite and the standard plate. I think the standard SB plate is close to perfection.

I would love to try the Yates 921 Ti in H or EH, and the Timeless Ti 68 OC. But not in a hurry

I love my Blackbird ti, and it’s currently my goat razor. I have both the lite and the standard plate. I think the standard SB plate is close to perfection.

I would love to try the Yates 921 Ti in H or EH, and the Timeless Ti 68 OC. But not in a hurry
Yates Ti H is very nice. It will shave similar to your Ti Bird with a little less blade feel. I have both razors and love both razors.

Top Bottom