What's new

which talc

Alright, so I have been noticing that the lower part of my neck is almost always irritated, and just the other day I noticed that the collar on my shirt covered it up. After reading some threads on the use of talc to "lube" shirt collars, needless to say I am curious. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and if so, could recommend a nice smelling talc to use. Was leaning toward clubman, but if it smells like clubman AS it might not work for me as that is something i rarely wear to work. Any ideas, info would be greatly appreciated!!

Also consider changing your laundry soap as that could be the cause more so than a collar rubbing on your skin.

Even if I use a free and clear soap already? Which soap would you suggest, or what should I be looking for?

Also consider changing your laundry soap as that could be the cause more so than a collar rubbing on your skin.

Even if I use a free and clear soap already? Which soap would you suggest, or what should I be looking for?

My skin also has issues with laundry detergent but especially with fabric softener. If you are using a fabric softener, you might consider not using it and see how that goes.

If you are already using a free and clear detergent, try using less of it -- say half -- to see if that helps.

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to be cutting back on the detergent and don't use fabric softener on my dress shirts. I also have some pinaud and d r harris talc coming this week to see if a little "collar lube" will help. Thanks again !!

I use the menthol talc from IB, nice and cool, no smell really. Pinaud and gold bond are pretty overpowering sometimes. Also, pinaud seems to be more pink coloured in my opinion.

damn, you had to say the word didn't you, menthol :D Now I gotta track some down!

I was surprised no one mentioned it. It's nice. I use it on the "boys" sometimes.

That sort of talk is frowned upon here though. I'll leave it as that.

It's super nice in the summer when I clean my hair line up with the buzzer. Put some on the brush and dust it on! Instant cooling.

I use Jeris white talc around my neck and it works wonders. It has a mild smell, but doesn't clash with my aftershave or cologne.

I use Clubman talc often. I like Gold Bond talc before bed to keep me cool and dry while I sleep.

Alternately, Avon Wild Country talc is surprisingly nice. Very fine and smells great!

I have found that the Clubman Bath Talc has a milder scent but is a little bit more effective. Its not a shave talc but it still does the trick.

Clubman talc I use daily, great stuff. While I have been here in Sint Maarten I ran across some yardly talc powder but was to cautious to giive it a go.

I use Roberts Boratalco. Bought mine from Italian Barber. If you check out his site he lists a bunch of talcs including Pinaud "shave talc". I have no idea how that differs from regular talc. They also list Windsor Arlington Talc, which sounds interesting if you like the Arlinton scent.

I use Clubman Talc in flesh tone. Blends better with the skin than white. Also just recently shipped in some Felce Azzura from Italian Barber.

Top Bottom