What's new

Which Soap Makers Consistently Put Out the Best Scents

Another vote for Captains Choice--I got a sample pack of most of his scents and they are all great--I'm currently using Nor'Easter (I a cream that will be gone within the week, but I also have a soap). I'm looking forward to trying his new Land Ho scent when it's time for me to make another purchase.

I will also second CBL--I have 2 scents and really enjoy both.

My all-time favorite is Saponificio Varesino. In terms of value for money, I think it's hard to beat them.

Their soaps are positioned as "top of the mid-tier" price wise, while the performance is probably amongst the very best overall available on the market. There are artisan soaps that cost double, but I'd argue none is better than SV 4.3 formula.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm currently on a Chiseled Face Groomatorium kick...Ghost Town Barber, Bay Rum, Trade Winds, Banana...I like all of the Chiseled Face Groomatorium soaps that I've purchased. I just ordered Summer Storm and Cedar and Spice. I used Trade Winds this past Saturday...good stuff.

I could list a number of artisans that produce a scent I wouldn't want to be without:
Goodfellas' Smile (Abysso, Inferno)
PAA (Atomic Age Bay Rum, Space Nog)
Barrister and Mann (Bay Rum, Seville, Terror, Reserve Spice, Reserve Waves)
Black Ship Grooming (Captain Scurvy, High Seas, Shipwreck Cove)
Zingari Man (The Wanderer)
Captain's Choice (Venture, Sandalwood, Nor'Easter)
WSP (Blackbeard)

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’m with @ask4Edge - the consistently good makers for scents are those made by real perfumers. AdP, T&H, Floris, Trumper, SMN all come to mind. I’d add Martin de Candre; though these are simple provençal scents, they are quite well done and can be used every day without getting tiresome.

A & E
Oleo
Captain's Choice
Stirling
CRSW
Wholly Kaw
Razorock

I'll give an honorable mention to Hendrux Classics & Co (HC&C), where you add the scent oil yourself to an unscented soap. They offer some brilliant scent oils.

Sure many makers hit on a great scent every so often but for putting out the consistent best scents:

Ethos
PannaCrema Nuavia
Martin de Candre

I'll put in a vote for Fine Accoutrements. I've really liked the scents of the four Fine soaps I've purchased (American Blend, Green Vetiver, Italian Citrus, Platinum).

Stirling has some good scents. They're straight forward and simplistic and probably most prefer it that way. I think I'd you're looking for something more than say, a lemon, a lime, or a frag, then Barrister and Mann wins, for me anyway.

Not easy

top of my fresh and whacky list stirling lots of movement and it performs very good.

dutch scheermonnik they do not have much and wow they have two new scents recently but if you like warmer scents and top performance this is it.

barrister and men I had some excellent scents and performance but eigengrau uh nooo!

arriane and Evan’s that amber rose is superb!

paa sometimes they are bonkers but they make serious great soap

razorock good scents and performance and always renewing.

honorrable mentions
meissner Tremonia quirky different and I wish they blended the hard and cream to a great performing and smelling croap. Because now it is the one or the other.

Not easy

top of my fresh and whacky list stirling lots of movement and it performs very good.

dutch scheermonnik they do not have much and wow they have two new scents recently but if you like warmer scents and top performance this is it.

barrister and men I had some excellent scents and performance but eigengrau uh nooo!

arriane and Evan’s that amber rose is superb!

paa sometimes they are bonkers but they make serious great soap

razorock good scents and performance and always renewing.

honorrable mentions
meissner Tremonia quirky different and I wish they blended the hard and cream to a great performing and smelling croap. Because now it is the one or the other.

I've got two Scheermonnik soaps, Soek and Delft Donderslag, and they do smell wonderful and perform great. They deserve more attention than they get.

Top Bottom