What's new

Which Simpson's grade hair for face lathering

Simpson's "Best" grade is my favorite and has been consistently awesome for me when it comes to face lathering. I own 11 Simpsons, 10 in best and 1 in super and the 10 best have all been great face latherers.
So far I agree that Simpson’s “best” grade badger is my favorite Their platinum synthetic is second (but I’ve only used it once so this might change) and then their sovereign synthetic

So far I agree that Simpson’s “best” grade badger is my favorite Their platinum synthetic is second (but I’ve only used it once so this might change) and then their sovereign synthetic

I have been quite satisfied with my "Bests". Which grade did you order your CH2?
I am using my newly acquired CH2 in Best all month, it is crazy good - almost too good...

YMMV for sure!

For me, Simpsons badger brushes are excellent in any grade except ‘pure,’ which has too much scritch. However many do like Simpsons pure and I am occasionally tempted by the Eagle!
My only Simpson's in Pure that I have is the S1-Special (also in Best), picked up for travel.
I really enjoy using this one and find the scritch has diminished quite so over its continued use, feels very very close to its Brother-Best to me.
IMG_9003.JPG

I have been quite satisfied with my "Bests". Which grade did you order your CH2?
I am using my newly acquired CH2 in Best all month, it is crazy good - almost too good...
I only have one Simpson in best. A Duke 3. I know some people have had issues with the “best” grade but like you I have had a good experience with it. I ended up getting my CH2 with the platinum grade synthetic. I’m really enjoying it so far. I find that synthetics are a little “stiff” in the beginning and it’s still in the break in phase. Once it breaks in (relaxes) I think it will really rival the Duke. I think I’ll eventually get one of these in best sometime in the future

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was gifted a "Rover" awhile ago and it is my only Badger, so I have nothing to compare it to. BUT: it's labeled a "Best" I'm 99% sure. I have no idea what the differences are in badger bristle grading, but I can't imagine a more perfect brush in every single way. Thank you @matwho !

It feels like I imagine an Angel's wings would feel wiping away a tear.

*and you folks had no idea I had the soul of a Poet doggone!

Top Bottom