What's new

Which shaving soaps are available as refills ?

HI everyone.

I am trying to become more green and eco friendly. One of the ways in which I can do this is to start using soap refills rather than those with tubs. I have seen YT videos showing the "bain marie" melting method for glycerin soaps and the "cheese grater" method for tallow soaps.

I know that Geo F Trumper, DR Harris and Tabac make soap refills. Are there any other companies that do refills ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Quite a few, here's a partial list:

All Stirling
All Haslinger
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cyril R Salter Solid
LEA Classic
Col. Conk
Provence Sante
Institut Karite
L'Occitane Cade
Osma Tradition
Osma w/ Alum
Ach. Brito Musgo, Musgo Real & Mogno
Speick (stick in card box)
Klar Seifen
Golddachs
Dr. Dittmar
Saponificio Varesino
Meissner Tremonia
Le Pere Lucien
Fitjar
Acca Kappa
Captain Fawcett
Edwin Jagger
Muhle
Parker
Truefit & Hill
Taylor's of Old Bond Street
Ogallala
Van der Hagen
Williams Mug
Arko (stick in paper/foil)

If you purchased kilos - Cella, Vitos, Mondial, TFS - you'd be using a soap on automatic refill. I quarter my block, pressing a quarter into a French onion soup bowl. Same bowl, VERY eco-friendly, no melting or grating needed.

Taconic is available as just the puck as the Wet Shaving Club's house brand. I haven't tried it yet though.

Just to add to the info above, Mike’s Natural also sells refill pucks. He doesn’t always have all scents in stock on his website but New England Shaving carries a few varieties as well.

HI everyone.

I am trying to become more green and eco friendly. One of the ways in which I can do this is to start using soap refills rather than those with tubs. I have seen YT videos showing the "bain marie" melting method for glycerin soaps and the "cheese grater" method for tallow soaps.

I know that Geo F Trumper, DR Harris and Tabac make soap refills. Are there any other companies that do refills ?

Thanks in advance.
I just got an Ogallala soap, which comes in a box and is wrapped in plastic, but the soap is larger than most, so it will last longer than most. If you're doing a life cycle assessment on a product, you'll want to consider the footprint of not just the packaging but also the shipping. So a naked or paper-wrapped puck you buy at the farmers market down the street will be the best; a paper-wrapped puck from overseas will be worse than a local puck wrapped in plastic. A box plus plastic is overkill, but if it's a huge honkin' loaf of soap, that mitigates some of the effects.

I saw that Arianna & Evans is trying a budget minded line of shave soaps- wrapped pucks. Pedro Fiasco is one of them. Not sure if there are others.

Stirling and Mikes jump to mind. I have purchased refill pucks from both, and they are soft enough to just press right into a jar and flatten out with your fingers. Not to mention two of the best bang for your buck artisan soaps around :)

Top Bottom