What's new

Which Shaving Rabbit Hole Have You Spent The Most Money In?

Your most expensive shaving rabbit hole?

• Soaps, creams, etc.

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Razors

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • Razor blades (excl. SR's)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Brushes

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Aftershaves, balms, etc.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Whetstones, etc.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Razors by a bit. Includes a 18 modern razors (kamisori, DE, SE) and a 20 vintage. Soaps are close though , about 75.

Most money? Straight razors. Most things (items)? Soaps.

There's great satisfaction in shaving with a Gold Dollar, Arko and an unbranded Chinese brush, but I'm not sure that would be the same if I had no idea what I was missing.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I currently have about 5 double edges razors, and 600 blades. I do have other types of razor too, but they rarely get used.

I have one ceramic lather bowl, one mug for rinsing my razor, and two pewter soap dishes. One of the soap dishes is for a mug soap, and the other for samples, or small servings of tub soaps.

There's two too many brushes here at present, but one has already been demoted from shaving use. I keep one synthetic for travel, a firm synthetic for mug soaps, a softer synthetic for creams and tub soaps, one spare synthetic, and a natural hair brush for when a scrubbier shave is needed. At the moment there's two natural hair brushes here, as I compare my usual cheap boars with a badger brush I was gifted.

I do have a decent stockpile of soap though. The vast majority of which is new and unused. I have one mug soap in use, and about ten spares. I have about the same number of tub soaps, but will only have two or three on the go at any time. However, I'm focussing more on using up bought samples at present. Also, only one cream is in the bathroom at any time.

So soaps and creams are the nearest thing to "rabbit hole" behaviour here, but only because I'm envisioning abandoning internet shopping at some point.

Brushes followed closely by soap, AS and blades. I have dozens of brushes, at least 10 years supply of soap and about 50 years worth of blades.

I thought this wetshaving thing was gonna be cheaper than Gillette Fusion!

Razors I have purchased, some have been purchased or later given as gifts: Rockwell 6S $100, Henson AL13 x2 $100, Gillette Heritage x2 $70, UK Gillette Aristocrat $125, Gillette Tech x2 $45, Gillette Slim $19, Timeless .68 $270, Wolfman WR2 $400, Winning Razor $60 and Schick Injector Type M $35. Total $1224. BUT I AM SAVING SO MUCH MONEY BY NOT BUYING CARTRIDGES!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Since whetstones can be used for honing, I chose that. Do the lapping film, acrylic and glass backings, balsa, and diamond paste count?

Hi,

Razors. I bought two Fasan DoubleSlants and then a few open comb razors for OCtober and finally a ATT S2 OC Slant.

The OC set:

The Old Type on the left, I already had and there's a Fasan on the right.

The ATT S2:

Fasan #1:

Fasan #2:

These other razors I already had since they had been passed down to me:

So, no money spent on that last group.

And those two Old Spice mugs have OS soap in them and were passed down from my Dad. As were three of the four razors. The Old Type was my Grandfather's. I use the OS soap on special days, so have been nursing those since 1996.

All these bought during my years here on B+B. Mostly during the restock weeks for the year-long restraints. I began the restraint with that first Fasan, but then sitting for 50 weeks gave me time to think about what I really wanted to try next.

The OCtober collection came about so I could have a Seven Day Set (a nod to the old SR sets) and rotate during the month. The Schick OC doubles as my ground travel razor since it folds up and has a cap. I don't have to worry about that blade when I go to dig it out of my Dopp Kit.

Stan

as of right now its soap & aftershave around 12 soaps and 13 aftershaves 2 budget razors woth 2 more on the way and 3 brushes with 2 on the way

One more penitent confessing to SRs. And I have a lot of open comb and slant DEs. And a lot of Gem blade SEs. And a lot of injectors. But SRs win, easily.

Brushes by far. Then straight razors and their accessories. Soaps come in after that they just smell so good they’re impossible to not keep getting more (said with a brush delivered today and 3 more being made. But like 7 soaps came in at the same time.
Yeah brushes. [emoji2357]
I don’t NEED to buy anything for years and it is cost saving when really examined but who does that at this level of the game. We do it because we like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom