What's new

Which shaving creams would you choose to be in the ULTIMATE cream poll?

No one has suggested .......... I have not yet tried it but I have some coming any day.
Larry

Last edited:
How could you not include Acqua di Parma and Penhaligon's? The only downside is the price, but as far as quality goes if you want "ULTIMATE"... Very fine creams.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I must protest. Proraso is not in the ULTIMATE category, no matter how popular it is. Simply because something is widely available and is liked by many does not make it an ultimate product.

To compare it to something like cars, Chevrolet cars are very popular (used to be anyway), however, I would not put them in the ultimate category where Cadilacs, Rolls Royces, Bentleys and the likes belong. Again, Proraso gets unfair promotion.

I see C&E has been suggested, I would like to offer my vote specifically for the Almond. I also like all of the AOS creams. I will withhold my favorite as it is not very widely available, is very expensive and few around here have tried it, so it is unlikely to get much attention.

I must protest. Proraso is not in the ULTIMATE category, no matter how popular it is. Simply because something is widely available and is liked by many does not make it an ultimate product.
I hear you, buddy. Unfortunately, B&B polls only allow for 12 choices. So how do I choose which ones, out of the hundreds of great creams out there? Well, first I do this:
Definitely included (mainly chosen by sorting by "most viewed" or "most comments" in the Reviews section)
Then, I have the rest empty. Now, I don't know what other people use or like. So I says to myself, "what better way to find out what people like than to ask them?" So I create a thread like this, to find out which of the less-mentioned creams should be included. I know that this isn't the best way to do it by any means, but I really wanted to see the results of a poll like this, and this method was the only way I could think of doing it.

The ULTIMATE in the title is really just me being lame. There is no possible way to pick the best of anything on B&B, whether by thread or by poll or by review sort. It's all subjective.

If it makes you feel any better, the question this poll will be asking is:
"Which creams do you think are the best, or are your favorites?"
This way, it will be clear that the ones that get the most votes are not necessarily the best, nor are they necessarily the most popular.

Last edited:
Nocturne sold me some eShave creams. Now I am a big fan. The white tea fragrance is wonderful and the lather is oh so wonderful at buffering the blade.

Ron

the only two creams I still use...

1) Acqua di Parma
2) Penhaligon's

in that order, they're the BEST available in the world today.

cheers,

-- michael

Top Bottom