What's new

Which shaving cream is used by the barbers in your respective countries?

Star, ViJohn shaving creams are mostly used in Barbershop in my city.

It's actually quite difficult to find a good Barber for wet shaving experience, they are good only for haircuts.

creams in tube are more hygienic to use than the shaving soap in barbershop setting. At least the sticks are ok to use on the client.
I remember getting a great shave in Cairo, Egypt from a barber who used a cream called Tamara. He sold me a couple of tubes of it for very cheap money and it’s excellent stuff.

Rick

I suspect that MYLABEL cream is made by a contract manufacturer who is looking for orders! I dont think he could be more obvious - unless he named his cream "Your Brand Here"

It is sometimes astounding what people do with (to?? :adoration:) a language that is not their mother tongue.

I shall never forget that hotel buffet in the Middle East or Indian Subcontinent where they had a bowl labelled ‘Crap Salad’.

For some reason, it was nearly untouched… :a18:

B.

In Canada 95 percent of the time its been a lather machine(using Campbell's Shaving Cream mix) but there have been a few outliers

In the early 2000s when I was still in between being a man and a teenager the Barber's Chair in Square One mall would use American Crew Pre Shave oil which I would buy after and it became my first foray into Shaving products beyond canned goop. They also used Alum blocks at the end of the shaves.

I've gotten a shave from another Barber's Chair in Bramalea Mall that used a Shaving Cream that I absolutely cannot remember but it was a traditional cream the tub had a barber pole design on it and it smelled like peppermint. I feel the brand may have started with an S. They also ended the shave with Booster Polar Ice Aftershave which is/was used by alot of barbershops in Canada

Edit: It bothered me so much but I remember now. Stephen's Shaving Cream. Photo attached View attachment 1381050
That looks interesting!

US here. It varies widely by shop.
Art of Shaving barbershops use their own products and I can confirm it is great shave.
King of Shaves uses their own gel and oil products and it looks awful.
I had a face shave at floyd's 99 and don't remember what they used. It was painful and bloody as they had no idea what they were doing.

Some independent shops use Proraso or any number of other products.
For hot lather machines, it's Campbells liquid. But that is not the best choice for face shaves.

Disposable blade shavettes are required by law. but in the fictional Barbershop movie, Eddie whips out his real straight razors to school the younger barbers.

Top Bottom