What's new

Which shavette do you recommend?

Any cheaper Chinese Knock off or any thing on AliExpress for cheap to get starting ??
+1 on the recommendation from @Sisyphos. That is a great razor for half DE blades.

If you want to try AC blade shavettes, you can find Kai Captain clones under the Univinlions brand on Aliexpress. There are also many Feather SS clones available.

SS clone (This is one but there are many others):

Kai Zebrano clone:

Univinlions Kai J-type clone (also available on Amazon under the 'Facon' brand):

Another great, inexpensive AC blade razor is the Vincent VT-1321:

There are others but those are a few to give you an idea.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Waiting for this one to arrive from China - been about two months now.
Good, that DE half blades can be used instead of the more expensive feather and KAI injector blades.
IMG_20211023_010643.jpg

Waiting for this one to arrive from China - been about two months now.
Good, that DE half blades can be used instead of the more expensive feather and KAI injector blades.
View attachment 1350374
The last few Aliexpress orders I placed had arrives in weeks, not months. Sorry to hear that yours is taking so long.

It is a great razor. I have the same exact one. Use a blade that is on the milder side. My favorite is the GSB, but if your razor comes with the Chinese "Cloud" blades, they are pretty decent.

The razor can seem finicky to load at first, but it's not bad once you learn the trick to it.

Please report back with your initial impressions.

The last few Aliexpress orders I placed had arrives in weeks, not months. Sorry to hear that yours is taking so long.

It is a great razor. I have the same exact one. Use a blade that is on the milder side. My favorite is the GSB, but if your razor comes with the Chinese "Cloud" blades, they are pretty decent.

The razor can seem finicky to load at first, but it's not bad once you learn the trick to it.

Please report back with your initial impressions.
Yes, it takes, that long to arrive in Europe where I am currently ( customs delay their release)

Also, I will comment on how it performs when it arrives.

I do have the clone of the KAI kamisori shavette via the same company ( purchased 3 years ago) and I use feather professional inj. blades.

Top Bottom