What's new

Which shave stick is the softest texture

I enjoy shave sticks. I've used Arko, La Toja, and Wilkinson Sword. I've dipped them in water a bit to make them easier to spread, but I definitely prefer the softer texture. Any there any others out there are a bit softer like Arko? Specifically interested in how Palmolive and Speick are.

I believe all the Turkish sticks are like arko. Palmolive an speick are hard like a puck, but just as easy to use. I dont even soften them up, I just wet my face and rub them against the grain.

Valobra rubs off a little easier than some of the other sticks around, and +1 on putting the end of it on hot water before applying.

TOBS is softer than Speick, the latter being hard as a puck. I've never felt that softness was the crucial factor, though. Just dip the end in water and apply the soap to your face.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Been curious about LEA. What does it smell like? What is the performance compared to Arko?

To my nose the new Lea has a quite strong "soapy" scent. At the beginning I didn't like it too much, now I find it pleasant and associate it with a great lather... I do not like Arko, hence for me Lea is simply better.

Irish moos gote my vote as the softest shave stick in texture . TOBS shave sticks are pretty soft too , but performance is not at the same level.

I tried Arko, Speick, Palmolive (EU & AUS), Tabac, SIM and TOBS. TOBS is by far the softest of these, Arko next closely followed by Tabac and SIM while Speick and Palmolive are the hardest.

i got one Palmolive three years ago, lost some scent,but still make a great leather, using in shower with a old brush that cost $$2,50.
this week i got a arko(6x on ebay), one tabac, but idont know the "leather".
next month my wife works at Spain, i recomended for her 10x la toja sticks..ehehehehe i'll put the leather's photo over here.thanks

I have to disagree with you, James. The Palmolive sticks I have used required a ten minute tip soak before I could face lather with them. That makes them hard IMO.

It's been a long time since I've used any shave stick, so I could be misremembering.

As mentioned, GZD is quite soft for a stick. I used it for the first time tonight, and it was good. I'll have to try it a bit more, but I don't think it's as slick as Arko is though. Still, a good quality soap.

Top Bottom