What's new

Which semogue brush to buy

Im looking to add a semogue brush to my small collection because ive seen a lot of good reviews. Im only wanting to spend around $50. I just dont know which one to look for since I'm fairly new. I want one that will be good for lathering triple milled soaps yet still a nice smooth feel on the face. What are some of the more popular semogue brushes? I figure the more popular ones will be a good start for me, may even buy a couple being tax season and all ;)

Semogue 830 pure bristle is a popular and good brush.I have one and I think it's a good choice to start adventure with Semogue:001_smile

I have a 1305 and a 620.

Of the two I prefer the 1305 mainly because it is bigger and holds more lather.

If I was going to spend 50 bucks, I think I'd just get the SOC from what I hear.

But the 1305 is a hoss of a brush.

Well im thinking with 50 maybe buying a couple of semogues just to try them out. The 1305 I keep seeing pop up and probably one of my choices but ive not heard much about all the others. Definitely like a brush that holds a good/large amount of lather.

I have the 1305 and the SOC in cherrywood, I recommend them both.

I bought mine from a seller in Poland, I paid $15 for the 1305 and $26 for the SOC, they shipped very quickly, had them in about a week.

Some say that the SOC is a pretty big brush, while when it is bloomed and dry it looks big, I do not find it uncomfortably big on the face when using it though, it's very lovely when the tips start to split.

As for the 1305, it is an awesome brush, period! It is taking a little longer to break in than my SOC, but with each use it is becoming my favorite boar. Don't get me wrong the SOC is phenomenal and feels awesome on the face, but the 1305 is just a tad smaller and I love the painted handle, the overall look and feel of the brush is really nice! No wonder it is called "iconic"...

Let us know what you decide on,

Justin

Yeah, it's for people that cannot make up their mind...:lol:

Justin

Lol I have made up my mind that I prefer badger. I have tried a couple of Omega boars and they weren't for me. I tried the Amici and it became an automatic staple in my den for variety! I am gonna go ahead and say that if I tried a Semogue boar I would probably like it, but I would not prefer it to my badgers.

Lol I have made up my mind that I prefer badger. I have tried a couple of Omega boars and they weren't for me. I tried the Amici and it became an automatic staple in my den for variety! I am gonna go ahead and say that if I tried a Semogue boar I would probably like it, but I would not prefer it to my badgers.

I like them both it just depends what kind of mood I'm in that day.

I'm with you on this one, I reach for my badgers more often than my boars, I think it is because I turn out more constant lather, more easily with my badger brushes.

I will say that as I become more consistent with my lathering techniques with my boar brushes that I do enjoy them as a change of pace to my badger brushes. After all, variety is the spice of life (or it goes something like that)...

Justin

I'm with you on this one, I reach for my badgers more often than my boars, I think it is because I turn out more constant lather, more easily with my badger brushes.

I will say that as I become more consistent with my lathering techniques with my boar brushes that I do enjoy them as a change of pace to my badger brushes. After all, variety is the spice of life (or it goes something like that)...

Justin

Couldn't have said it better!

I have an omega 49, other omega model i can't remember, semogue 620 and the SOC in cherry i think.

The SOC is a big knot, floppy aswell but is a nice brush :) Really good for bowl lathering.

My little 620 has broken in nicely and is so soft on the face :) Only problem is the handle, i find it too small and is a pain in the neck to hold sometimes :)

I have an omega 49, other omega model i can't remember, semogue 620 and the SOC in cherry i think.

The SOC is a big knot, floppy aswell but is a nice brush :) Really good for bowl lathering.

My little 620 has broken in nicely and is so soft on the face :) Only problem is the handle, i find it too small and is a pain in the neck to hold sometimes :)

I like a good sized handle for sure, im a pretty big guy and got big hands.

Thanks to maggards for the picture

You really can't go wrong with one of these, can face and bowl lather, handle is big and comfortable in the hand.

$omega-10049-professional-boar-brush-assorted-colors-pro-49.jpg

They are inexpensive also :)

Top Bottom