What's new

Which semogue brush to buy

yup i ordered a soc, a 2000, and a 830 today. probably going to also order a 610 or 620 and then test em all out. nice thing is they are inexpensive when compared to 100$ brushes. ill probably keep just a couple of them unless i love them that much.

I switched from my B&B Essentials boar to my Semogue SOC boar in cherry exclusively for face lathering. I like a big brush, and the combination of soft tips and good backbone makes for a refreshing facial massage.

yup i ordered a soc, a 2000, and a 830 today. probably going to also order a 610 or 620 and then test em all out. nice thing is they are inexpensive when compared to 100$ brushes. ill probably keep just a couple of them unless i love them that much.

Sounds like what im gonna do later this week lol. Why not just try them all.

I think I'll just end up ordering a variety to see which one I like. I don't really have a preference on brush size itself so want to try large and small. Only been shaving with DE for couple weeks now so don't have much of an opinion but wanting to build my collection up so that I can form one, but wanting to start with boar brushes first.

If you want to spend $50 and get a couple, my recommendation would be to get a 620 and a 830. If you want to get just one, get the SOC boar. Or, you could do like I did and get all three. With these to select from, all of my badgers are now under the sink.

If you want to spend $50 and get a couple, my recommendation would be to get a 620 and a 830. If you want to get just one, get the SOC boar. Or, you could do like I did and get all three. With these to select from, all of my badgers are now under the sink.

Yeah looking like my budget of around 50 is now around the 130 range ;)

Last edited:
with a $50 budget, I'd get 2 Semogue Boars that will put you at around $55 shipped from Vintage Scent (they may have a 10% discount code if you search google)

SOC Cherry Wood Handle for bowl lathering and 610 Acrylic Handle (black or red) for face lathering.

Win Win.

I liked the 1305 but ended up ordering a 1800 the other day, the natural wood finish won me over. Will be comparing it against my omega 80005.

830 is my main brush for face lathering, SOC for bowl lathering (for the length of it). For two brushes, face and bowl, within your budget, the 830 and 1305: same knot different handles.

Looks like the most populars are SOC and 1305, for sure getting these two. As for a third, since I can see I can't just buy one with all the enabling going on here, I have not decided yet. Debating between 1250 and 830.

Looks like the most populars are SOC and 1305, for sure getting these two. As for a third..........

ive had all 3 SOC's boar, 2-band and SE. I found the boar too high-lofted and floppy. The 2-band is extremely dense and has excellent backbone. The SE, which Nick linked to above, is an excellent brush as well. The badger/boar combination really is the best of all worlds. I liked it so much, I purchased a backup.

I also really like the 1800. Wood handle and great for both bowl and face-lathering. Not written about enough, but those who have it rave about it.

ive had all 3 SOC's boar, 2-band and SE. I found the boar too high-lofted and floppy. The 2-band is extremely dense and has excellent backbone. The SE, which Nick linked to above, is an excellent brush as well. The badger/boar combination really is the best of all worlds. I liked it so much, I purchased a backup.

I also really like the 1800. Wood handle and great for both bowl and face-lathering. Not written about enough, but those who have it rave about it.

Ill look into the 1800. Im sure once it's all said and done I will end up with a lot more than I expected. I'm one who loves to try everything.

ive had all 3 SOC's boar, 2-band and SE. I found the boar too high-lofted and floppy. The 2-band is extremely dense and has excellent backbone.

the 2 Band is one I need to try. It flies under the radar of the bigger names like Shavemac, Simpson & Rooney, but it always gets great reviews.

If you can find a SOC 2012 SE it would be great. Otherwise go for a boar SOC or, alternatively, an 830. Whichever you choose you can't go wrong.

Found a semogue 2012 soc at fendrihan only place I could find one and noticed wcs sold out and other sites were sold out so hurry and snagged it.

Top Bottom