What's new

Which Schick Injector Razor?

The E, G, I and L are all great shavers. If you're looking at an adjustable, you'll want to look at the M model.
I would agree with the above, except for the I, go with the Hydro Magic (I2 Black Handle and has a lever to open to clean) an excellent razor. I have had two different I1's with the beige handle, both far more aggressive than most of the model E's, or G's or L's.

You'll find Schick (and other injectors) are addictive. I have about 11 of 'em. I find the Type E's are borderline too aggressive for my 86-year-old thin skin. And the Type L's are too mild for my tough "old man" whiskers.

Consequently, my favorites are the Type G and the Type I.

However, if you use some expensive and hard-to-find vintage Schick twin-edge blades in the Type L, for which the Type L was designed, you're in for a most pleasant shaving experience. Smooth and close!
Thank you I I sir, it is

I have about 12 Schick injectors that I never reach for. Type F is the only model I know. Adjustable, non adjustable, lever, no lever, eversharp and not etc. Likely will re-home most of them, eventually.
Anyone have a good comprehensive link to identify, or do you have to just search type A - type O?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have about 12 Schick injectors that I never reach for. Type F is the only model I know. Adjustable, non adjustable, lever, no lever, eversharp and not etc. Likely will re-home most of them, eventually.
Anyone have a good comprehensive link to identify, or do you have to just search type A - type O?
If you are like me and need pics, here's another site. You do have to go by types, but goes into further detail about versions within types. Schick injector dummies guides and timeline - https://damnfineshave.com/thread-schick-injector-dummies-guides-and-timeline

Hello all, in order to not create another Schick thread, I figured I would post this here:
I just ordered a "NOS" Schick injector from the Bay. This is my first Schick injector!
I own an Asylum injector that I purchased this week, a Supply Pro that I've had for a couple of weeks and a Mossei Injector that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So my injector experience is limited. But I really like the first injector type razors I've bought so I figured I might as well get a real Schick just to try it out. My experience is mostly with DE where I have and have had a ton of razors. And within that DE list, I have a Schick Krona.
Anyways, I bought this one on a whim because it's new and the seller accepted my offer of $35.
Seemed fair and cheap enough to try!
I believe it's a Type N from what I've read.
I'd love to know what you think and let me know what I can expect for shaves with this razor. I have no idea what are the different shaving characteristics between the different types!

SI.png

Hello all, in order to not create another Schick thread, I figured I would post this here:
I just ordered a "NOS" Schick injector from the Bay. This is my first Schick injector!
I own an Asylum injector that I purchased this week, a Supply Pro that I've had for a couple of weeks and a Mossei Injector that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So my injector experience is limited. But I really like the first injector type razors I've bought so I figured I might as well get a real Schick just to try it out. My experience is mostly with DE where I have and have had a ton of razors. And within that DE list, I have a Schick Krona.
Anyways, I bought this one on a whim because it's new and the seller accepted my offer of $35.
I'd love to know what you think and let me know what I can expect for shaves with this razor. I have no idea what are the different shaving characteristics between the different types!

View attachment 1724709
I hate that I love my injectors lol. That said, I find the longer the handle, the more I like it. The Paul Revere handle is one of my favorite razors to use and look at. My type F I just like to look at.

View attachment 1724709

I do like injectors as well. I am no expert, but that looks like a Type L to me. Someone will correct me, hopefully.

I do like injectors as well. I am no expert, but that looks like a Type L to me. Someone will correct me, hopefully.
Yep, you're right! My bad! Confused!
It's an L1 produced 1972-1982
I just checked on the Type L thread and it's definitely this one. Small Schick logo with the underline.
Now I need to know how it shaves!

View attachment 1724709
Very nice

Top Bottom