What's new

Which Schick Injector (or modern equivalent) for someone who likes efficient razors?

I'm considering diving into the injector world, but I'd like to get it right on my first attempt. I prefer more efficient razors such as a 1.55 WR2, Rex on 5, blackbird, etc.

I'm looking for an efficient Schick injector that's fairly easy to get a hold of. I don't mind modern clones either, however I'm only familiar with Supply Co.

Thanks

IMHO, the most efficient Schick is the E-2. The G and J also shave very well. Schick got alot of things right: rigid blade, slender head, shave angle “built-in”, and no touch blade change. With a Schick you just move the razor around your face without concern for a nick or cut, fast and efficient.

I'm bias because I'm a Supply 2.0 user. I think its an amazing razor and every month I use it, I appreciate it more. The weight of it takes some getting used to but once you get it, you use learn to control it, it's as an advantage to the shave. This week I tried the Schick injector blades and They are amazing. I've used my first one for 8 shaves and it doesn't seem to be losing any edge at all so far. I will probably switch.

I'm bias because I'm a Supply 2.0 user. I think its an amazing razor and every month I use it, I appreciate it more. The weight of it takes some getting used to but once you get it, you use learn to control it, it's as an advantage to the shave. This week I tried the Schick injector blades and They are amazing. I've used my first one for 8 shaves and it doesn't seem to be losing any edge at all so far. I will probably switch.

I used a Schick injector blade in a vintage Kriss Kross razor several weeks ago and I was surprised at the quality of my shave, and I got 7 or 8 good shaves out of that single blade. I was so impressed with it I bought an old cheap Schick razor to try out. It should be arriving any day.

In general, the older they are, the more aggressive they are. The E2 is a good one. G's are really easy to find and they're plenty aggressive IMO. The I and J are kind of the sweet spot for me but I tend toward milder razors. I even like the L although it doesn't shave quite as close. The M can be turned up to be pretty aggressive but it still doesn't feel like one of the older ones to me. With injectors you can use a pretty flat angle so if you're doing that and not applying pressure they all shave pretty close to the same. The guard, and aggressiveness of the razor only come into play when you use a steeper angle.

In general, the older they are, the more aggressive they are. The E2 is a good one. G's are really easy to find and they're plenty aggressive IMO. The I and J are kind of the sweet spot for me but I tend toward milder razors. I even like the L although it doesn't shave quite as close. The M can be turned up to be pretty aggressive but it still doesn't feel like one of the older ones to me. With injectors you can use a pretty flat angle so if you're doing that and not applying pressure they all shave pretty close to the same. The guard, and aggressiveness of the razor only come into play when you use a steeper angle.
[/Q

Are vintage Schick injector razors marked so you can tell a model E from a B, or is this something you just eyeball to make an ID?

Thanks,
Cliff

They’re not so identified on the razors themselves. Use these links.

Last edited:
The D is pretty hard to get a hold of. There are a series of threads here that are by BBS-1. They are dead on accurate, especially since there are many variations of each letter. He does a fantastic job explaining how they behave. The type J is my favorite, but ONLY SPECIFIC MODELS. They behave very differently from the mildest to the most efficient. They are not aggressive though. If you are looking for a lot of blade feel go for an E. If you want a efficient easy shave, got for a 500 series J or a J or I with the words EVERSHARP SCHICK on the head, NOT Schick Safety Razor. Also, the sparkle Lady Everysharps are fantastic as well.

I ended up getting a Supply razor simply because I didn't want to deal with potential issues with vintage razors.

However, I will most likely get one of the Schicks recommended here at some point :)

Just a quick update, I ended up returning the Supply because it was too mild even with the most efficient base plate.
Got a Schick E2 and it's much much better.

Thanks for the recommendation!
I do like very efficient razor too. Wondering how your injector journey went or is going? I've not used an injector.

I have three injectors--the E, I, and M. I thought the M would be my favorite, but I prefer the I. The E gives me a great shave but it comes with a little irritation so I can't use it daily.

There's a new Supply Pro with an adjustable plate. Obviously no reviews, yet--but if the regular one was too mild, the adjustable may be, too. The description doesn't say how the 1-6 adjustments compare to the 3 plates of the V2.

Last edited:
I have three injectors--the E, I, and M. I thought the M would be my favorite, but I prefer the I. The E gives me a great shave but it comes with a little irritation so I can't use it daily.

There's a new Supply Pro on kickstarter with an adjustable plate. Obviously no reviews, yet--but if the regular one was too mild, the adjustable may be, too. The kickstarter description doesn't say how the 1-6 adjustments compare to the 3 plates of the V2.
Oh that's very interesting, kick starters are always sort of exciting.

Top Bottom