What's new

Which scents pair well with these aftershaves?

(cross posting from Basenotes, if that is okay ....)

Hello gents, looking to tap into your thoughts and wisdom regarding which fragrances would pair well with the following aftershaves -

Skin Bracer
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Clubman
Clubman Special Reserve
Clubman Bay Rum

In particular, if you use any of these aftershaves (or other), please post what fragrance you use with your chosen aftershave.

Many thanks, and wish you all a good day!

I only pair a couple of aftershave on your list with what I consider are similar smelling colognes.

Pinaud Clubman - PS Fine by Paul Sebastian, Pour Monsieur Pierre Cardin, Canoe
AV Ice Sport - Davidoff Cool Water

Special Reserve is strong enough to stand on its own. I own nothing that pairs with Bay Rum so I don't try. Aqua Velva Ice Blue is so short lived, scent wise, that you can wait 30 minutes and put anything you want on.

Skin Bracer...not a fan.

For Clubman, I usually use Drakkar Noir. Mostly because I really like Drakkar Noir 😁
aramis I use after Special Reserve.
As for Virgin Island, which is pretty short lived, maybe Ogallala bay rum. If it was me I’d just phase out the Virgin Island and just use Ogallala. Be aware there is 4 different versions of the basic bay rum, aftershave & extra strength, cologne & extra strength. I just use the aftershave extra strength versions, bay rum and bay rum limes and peppercorn both are excellent.

Skin Bracer I pair with Thiery Mugler.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue with Eternity Aqua.

Clubman with Azzaro. Pour Homme.

Pinaud VIBR with Spicebomb

Clubman I pair with nothing as it will last all day. If you want it to be just a bit stronger later in the day, just splash a few drops of water on your face.
Skin Bracer I just make sure to pair with Speed Stick deodorant as the two were made to go together and so will last all day.
The others I dont use, sorry.

Top Bottom