What's new

Which razor blade has you reaching for the first aid kit

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
shark_super_chrome__53462.1416252347.500.659.jpg
With Shark week coming up I was wondering is there any blade that you just can't get a decent shave without injuring yourself?
The first blade that left me bleeding was a Shark super Chrome, and I haven't used one since.
More recently the Personna comfort coated has left me with weepers whenever I used it which is weird because the platinum and med-preps are 2 of my favourite blades
So have any of you had bad blade experiences?

First time I used a Nacet was the first time I also used a third generation UK Gillette Aristocrat. It was a bloody mess. That razor was a lot more aggressive than I was prepared for. It took me a long time to try a Nacet again. I get along fine with them in my mild razors. I learned to respect those blades. It wasn't the blade but the Shaver that was the problem.

I used a shark super chrome in my Wade and Butcher Old Type dupe once and it was probably the worst shave that I have ever had.

Will be revisiting this setup during shark week!

I'm currently using Perma-sharp Super and I find them quite sharp. I seem to be getting nicks every time.
Are the Nacets much sharper than Perma-sharps?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I used a shark super chrome in my Wade and Butcher Old Type dupe once and it was probably the worst shave that I have ever had.

Will be revisiting this setup during shark week!
I'm doing Shark week too, but I'm using a Shark blade I have never used before, even after all these years I am not brave enough to use a super Chrome Platinum again

J are the Sharks better than the Silver Stars?

Great question!

All are from Lord in Egypt. There are three Sharks and only one Silver Star (as far as I know).

I think these blades are all generally under rated and are great values. That said, my personal preference is the Silver Stars.

BUT, all are well worth a try!! :a29: :a29:

I love Feather blades in my Muhle R41 or RazoRock slant for headshaves, especially with lots of growth. But, I can’t do a headshave without a nick or 2 and blood.

Top Bottom