What's new

Which razor and blade do YOU use?

Which of these do u reckommend, for very sensitive skin?

As others have said, YMMV and you need to consider your prep, soap and AS prep. That said, I get excellent shaves with most sharp, smooth blades in this razor.

To me technique will trump most anything else in traditional wet shaving, so I would start by concentrating on that.

I have rather sensitive skin. I get razor rash very easily if I go over places too many times so I avoid that. I only go for a BBS maybe once a week/fortnight. I do a WTG and 2x XTG for my daily shave. As others have said, prep, technique and aftershave are extremely important to consider. As to your question, I use an EJ89 with a Astra SP for my daily shave. Usually swap to a feather when I go for BBS

I use a variety of DE razors. My primary blade is Personna Medical Prep blades. I have sensitive skin around my neck.

I'm using an EJ89 Kelvin with Astra SP. Like robphilldog I have pretty sensitive skin, especially on my neck, so I am learning to temper my drive for bbs shave to special occasions... or once a week. I've only been at DE wet shaving for a couple of months and YMMV but I find Astra SP to be a smoother shave even though feather's are sharper.

I also have been experimenting with different aftershave to help sooth my savaged skin and right now I am doing a layer of Captins Choice Bay Rum followed by Nivea after shave balm for sensitive skin.

I'm using an EJ89 Kelvin with Astra SP. Like robphilldog I have pretty sensitive skin, especially on my neck, so I am learning to temper my drive for bbs shave to special occasions... or once a week. I've only been at DE wet shaving for a couple of months and YMMV but I find Astra SP to be a smoother shave even though feather's are sharper.

I also have been experimenting with different aftershave to help sooth my savaged skin and right now I am doing a layer of Captins Choice Bay Rum followed by Nivea after shave balm for sensitive skin.

BBS shaves are overrated anyway :D but it's nice to know you can achieve it when you want one.

I like the Astra SP blade in almost all my razors and the Gillette Silver Blue is great too. also as a side note not wanting to steal the thread but @The Representative have you ever tried switching the order of the balm and AS? works exceptionally well for me.

I use an Above The Tie with the medium 'R1' plate - a mild-to-moderate razor. I am currently trying/rating many blades in it, and my favorite so far is Polsilver Super Iridium.

I have to say, I honestly don't know how sensitive my skin is compared to others.

Top Bottom