What's new

Which Peterson XL02?

. . . If I'm being honest, my favorite Peterson is an old beat up Aran bent apple with a p lip that I've had for 15 years or so. It's got fills that have fallen out, 15 years of rim blackening, and the drilling is abysmal, but for some reason she just feels right.
My old 307 thankfully has none of those issues, but it's 36 years old (though it spent about 15 of those in a box in the dark). And yet it feels like an old friend. The first pipe I thought of to smoke when I got back home from Birmingham was the Peterson.

For cleaning purposes, with the pipe broken down, I've never had an issue. It's the during smoke moisture that's a problem. I've got several p lip pipes, and it's just a minor inconvenience to be dealt with. . . .
Oddly, I found that the pipe cleaners -- excuse me, "fuzzy sticks" -- from Walmart's craft section will insert into the P-lip opening without issue, where other pipe cleaners like the BJ Longs will give me trouble. The wire core of the WM sticks must be fairly narrow.

So I got them today. They look good with the copper already getting a bit of tarnish as I want it to be (hoping for some blue/brown tones). The Seconds is not butt ugly but certainly has character. They hang nicely with good weight distribution. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the inside of the bowls nearly looks and feels lacquered :confused1 ?

Is that a new thing? I only know plain wood or that matte black stuff….
A8AC65A9-9BA6-453B-BDCD-5C6D5FD1C9DB.jpeg

Top Bottom