What's new

Which One

Which of the four is your bet for the best shave experience?

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Here's how I'd rank them -- from my experience with all four:

1 & 2: Gem OC Damaskeene and Gem Junior Bar -- honestly, it's neck and neck for me on which is the absolute best...but you'll knock me over with a feather if it isn't one of those 2 as your top pick.

3: ER 1924 Shovel Head would be number 3 for me. I like the Shovel Heads....not much else to say.

4: ER 1908'ish Lather Catcher comes in last for me. I love lather catchers, but I prefer the Gem Lather Catchers. I've got several models of the Ever-Ready LC's, and they just feel a bit harsher to me than their Gem counterparts.

Really looking forward to hearing your experience with them!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Due respect to @Flintstone65, I'd say the Gem Jr. Bar.

My Gem Jr. Bar is smoother and seems to shave better than my Kampfe Star lather catcher, and I've heard that ER LCs are just a little smoother than Stars. Never used an OC Damaskeene, but understand they shave closer than SB Dammies (of which I have one). My Dammy is like any other 1912 for me; not close enough. Likewise hear that Shovel Heads are not quite as smooth as ER 1914.

Love my ER Little Lather Catcher!

You may get lucky and have a better shave with the OC Damaskeene, but from experience my money's on the Jr. Bar.

O.H.

My vote is 1924 if you like really efficient. The OC Dammy is second. That is a very unique type shave for me. Mild but very thorough. The last 2 are too mild for my liking.

They all are quite good, but my fav is the 1924 Ever-Ready "Shovel Head" razor. It's a little large and clumsy to handle, but the shaves are outstanding, and the Shovel Head is easier to clean than the 1912's and some of the others.

Top Bottom