What's new

Which One Gents? Trumper's Rose or Violet

I'm buying myself a little present for making it through my Stats class this semester. (The final exam is on Monday, but close enough.) I was thinking of trying a Trumper's I've never tried before. Which one gents? Rose or Violet? Which is your favorite in terms of both cushion and scent?

I'm buying myself a little present for making it through my Stats class this semester. (The final exam is on Monday, but close enough.) I was thinking of trying a Trumper's I've never tried before. Which one gents? Rose or Violet? Which is your favorite in terms of both cushion and scent?

Both are very nice though I think Rose is very predictable and simple scent. Violet on the other hand is really nice with a little more depth in my opinion.

Rose is nice but the violet is unique and more complicated. Some people hate it while others love it, but I assume you'll at least like it given that you're considering rose or violet.

Neither. I'd go with Lime.

As far as which scent peforms best, I'd say none. Out of the ones I've tried they all perform the same (excellent).

Definitely Violet. There are better iterations of Rose out there but only one (or very limited #) Violet. I was PIFed a very, very generous sample and I really enjoyed the shaves and the scent. The only *gotcha* that prevents me from getting another tub is that it stains my brushes. The coloring eventually washes away, it has no performance impact on my brushes that I know of...just an aesthetic pain-in-the-rear that makes me wonder about the amount of dye in their formula

I'm a rose fan in general, but recently had a sample of GFT Violet thrown in with an order from a vendor. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the scent. It's a complex scent that seemed to change as I lathered it.

By the way, it did not stain my brush. The color washed out with the cream.

I've been wondering the same thing between those two. I always use the lime in the tube and it's one of my top shelfers! Man I love trumpers!

I ordered the violet and the company emailed me and told me that they were out of stock, and that I could substitute the rose for the order. After a lengthy discussion I was talked into the rose. Once I received the order I found a sample of the violet mixed in with it. I must say, for me personally, I love the rose. The smell is more pleasant. Both are great to shave with. After many different creams and soaps, GFT is my top choice.

Tough call. Performance wise, they're the same; both are also heavily dyed. A choice, therefore, comes down to scent preference. Unfortunately, there's no way to know which you'll prefer. Both are floral, but that's no guarantee you'll like them both equally. I do agree with others that rose is fairly well represented by other companies (T&H and D.R. Harris also make well-respected rose offerings), whereas violet is unique to Trumper. While that may seem to be a vote in favor of violet, there may also be a good reason for that: violet is an acquired taste, whereas rose is pretty universally liked.

Definitely Violet. There are better iterations of Rose out there but only one (or very limited #) Violet. I was PIFed a very, very generous sample and I really enjoyed the shaves and the scent. The only *gotcha* that prevents me from getting another tub is that it stains my brushes. The coloring eventually washes away, it has no performance impact on my brushes that I know of...just an aesthetic pain-in-the-rear that makes me wonder about the amount of dye in their formula

+1 for Atalks comment. Trumpers violet permanently stained my very expensive Rooney Stubby 3XL brush. The stain has faded a little over time but its definitely stained. I quit using the violet. Not worth the problem is caused.

Craig

Top Bottom