What's new

which one first?

I don't know that all manufacturers use these terms in the same way, but generally balms are a bit thicker than after shaves not labeled as balms. I don't use both an AS and an AS balm with the same shave--nor do you, as you say--but rather choose one or the other based on how warm it is outside and the other products used in the shave.

If you don't use both products together, why are you asking in what order they should be applied?:smile:

the aftershave balm comes in a white bottle and is like lotion, all white and creamy and doesnt really have any strong fragrence that will last most of the day.

i was asking in which order they should be worn because maybe i was doing somthing wrong. Maybe i thought it was wrong if you wear aftershave first and then the balm or not wearing one but the other.

Imo it's useful to apply the a/s splash or whatever you use at first and after that, if you still need it, the a/s balm or lotion.
If I use especially the Swiss Pitralon I don't need any lotion, till I go to bed...(I mostly shave in the evening).

Thomas

Well Jaffa, that's a fine question! In the past I only used one or the other, except during the summer. I find that the aftershave splash immediately followed by the balm aids absorption, especially during the hot, muggy weather. I do this only where fragrances are either the same or one or both are neutral, i.e., without fragrance added. :yesnod:

TomH said:
Imo it's useful to apply the a/s splash or whatever you use at first and after that, if you still need it, the a/s balm or lotion.
If I use especially the Swiss Pitralon I don't need any lotion, till I go to bed...(I mostly shave in the evening).

Thomas

On days that I use a balm/moisturizer, this is precisely what I do.

guenron said:
Well Jaffa, that's a fine question! In the past I only used one or the other, except during the summer. I find that the aftershave splash immediately followed by the balm aids absorption, especially during the hot, muggy weather. I do this only where fragrances are either the same or one or both are neutral, i.e., without fragrance added. :yesnod:

Ron, what are some of your favorite unscented balms...if you don't mind my asking?

TraderJoe said:
Ron, what are some of your favorite unscented balms...if you don't mind my asking?
T&H Classic Aftershave Balm(the best-no longer made) and GreenPond Aftershave Milk.

Top Bottom