What's new

Which of these you recommend

Which of these blades you guys recommend for daily using? ( till today im using only Astra platinum ( new) , have luck to buy this amazing pack for silly price;) .

Attachments

• 2055F9F0-FE63-45A2-AF74-FC8EFE33B68B.jpeg
    2055F9F0-FE63-45A2-AF74-FC8EFE33B68B.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 127
Afaik vintage blades which I never touched so simply open a tuck of Gillette’s and see how it works unless someone offers you a simply ridiculous amount of cash and modern gsb platinum bic chrome etc

Have fun

The only blades that I have from these is the Polsilver Stainless, which I haven't tried yet and some of the blades on the photo are ''new'' to me. Since not many people are using vintage DE blades for obvious reasons, I doubt that you will get lots of recommendations, but what I would do is open a pack of each brand and try at least one blade.

I have always wondered what people mean by "recommend for daily use". How does that affect shaving routine? A blade is either good for you, or it's not.
Anyway, to answer your question:
The 70s Silver Bleues, the Super Silvers and the 80s Poslilver Stainless.
The Rubies aren't that good. I would stay away from those MEMs.

I have always wondered what people mean by "recommend for daily use". How does that affect shaving routine? A blade is either good for you, or it's not.
Anyway, to answer your question:
The 70s Silver Bleues, the Super Silvers and the 80s Poslilver Stainless.
The Rubies aren't that good. I would stay away from those MEMs.
For daily use i mean like with razors for daily using something mild like de89 Rockwell 6 and similar. But when i have more time dont hurry nowhere im shaving with slants, r41 and similar. Then you have time to experiment. With blades we same for daily these wich you now well. Not daily blades with more aggressive , where you simply need more attention . Something like that :)) thanks for info ;)

What country are you in. I have never seen some of those brands. I know the Bic chrome are sharp and dependable, pair great with a milder razor. Feathers, well, I wouldn't make them my daily driver. Too sharp. The rest, I have no idea.

Most of them are very good blades.

Feather
PolSilver
Silver Blue
Bic
Wilkenson
Astra

I don't know about the MEM, Erasmic, London Bridge or Rubies as I haven't tried these.

In terms of daily blade I'm not sure if you mean something less sharp as once your technique is solid then even the sharpest blades are smooth as can be. I use Feather blades daily. Until your technique is very solid, something less sharp and more forgiving is likely a better choice than something crazy sharp.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not sure that they are "vintage" at least two of them are familiar to me in modern times - the Feather Super Stainless would be my pick, though some I've not experienced such as the Gillette Silver Blues which I've heard good words about

Blades may be the most YMMV aspect of ‘traditional’ wet shaving!

That said, my top-tier in no particular order:
GSB
Astra SP
Nacet
Personna lab
Personna red

I just looked at the full size photo one more time and noticed a 10 pack of Schick Platinums. Unfortunately, only one. Those are made in Holland. They are one of the best razor blades that ever existed. The Astras you use are very nice blades, but are just a plain decent blade, compared to them.

Never seen Polsilver's in this gold package but for what its worth these are my favourites

Polsilver SI
Gillette Nacet
Gillette King C blades
Gillette platinum
Perma sharp

Top Bottom