What's new

Which of these two high end razors would you pick and why? Help me choose!!

Now, if only Timeless would make the Crown handle in all the metals they offer... my favorite handle.
Funny you mentioned that. I emailed them yesterday and asked if they'd make me the exact same bronze razor in titanium or stainless. They answered this morning and said no!
No custom orders unfortunately. But they did say that it's possible that they'll make them in the future.

Both my Chiseled face titanium razor & Leaf Twig arrived today!
The Chiseled face razor is beautiful. It's "Raw" as machined titanium but it seems pretty shiny as is. I think it's perfect as is so I'm quite happy with it's fit and finish. Super high quality! It's my first titanium razor so I didn't
know what to expect with regards to the weight. It definitely fits between aluminum and stainless. Just holding it
feels balanced and the right weight. Not too heavy, not too light!
Very nice presentation in the included tin case. Actually looks like a functional case for traveling instead of something that you just throw in a drawer. I've loaded a Bic Astor blade for tonight's shave!

The Leaf Twig in Mercury finish seems quite interesting. Very pretty razor that feels good in the hand. It has good heft and seems like it's got excellent build quality. I was expecting a flimsy razor but this thing is solid. Seems excellent for the $47 deal that I paid during the Memorial day sale! Totally different head from anything else I've seen that seems like it will be very maneuverable. This one will be interesting for testing since it barely has any blade gap/blade exposure. I'm expecting a very very mild shave. The question will be it's efficiency! We'll see! I snapped a Bic Astor in half and loaded it for tomorrows shave.
Here are some pictures including a picture of the Chiseled Face Titanium next to the Timeless Bronze:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Funny you mentioned that. I emailed them yesterday and asked if they'd make me the exact same bronze razor in titanium or stainless. They answered this morning and said no!
No custom orders unfortunately. But they did say that it's possible that they'll make them in the future.
If you go back in the forum and read the Bronze SB reviews when he first released it most guys said it shaved almost identical to the .68 SB in SS or Titanium.

LAte to the party, but here's my thought. There is considerable difference in weight of the two, so get whichever you like the weight of more.

Reactions: Kix
I can see that how geometry would make it super mild for my needs
and I am not a diehard fan of super efficient large gap razors. Not digging
that clamping a lot either.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 11.18.19 AM.png

Timeless makes a very good razor. The best I've ever used (titanium .68 and .95). I've spent more on razors and less on razors, and I can't think of any that are as easy to use as the Timeless (meaning you can almost shave on autopilot like with a cart razor), yet still get a great, close shave.

Not trying to speak ill towards other brands, but I've used a Blackbird, Karve CB, Tatara Masamune and Nodachi, Charcoal Goods, and none are as easy to use as the Timeless while also giving a close shave.

The only other razor I own that comes close to the Ti Timeless is a Blackland Sabre GEM razor.

If you go back in the forum and read the Bronze SB reviews when he first released it most guys said it shaved almost identical to the .68 SB in SS or Titanium.
Hmm, that's interesting. I'll have to read about that. I've read the opposite! But I've only read recent threads about the Bronze. I wonder if they evolved the bronze to something different than what it originally was. Reason I'm saying is because the head geometry on the bronze is totally different than on their other razors. Plus the .68 SB has zero (neutral) blade exposure. The .38 has 0.002mm. That's a huge difference and too many different variables to believe that they shave anything alike. But I guess anything's possible. I'm kind of thinking that Timeless purposely made them totally different in order to give a different option in shave experience. Regardless, I'm sure I'll eventually buy a stainless or titanium to find out, Lol!!

Last edited:
I look forward to your review of the CF Ti razor, and how it compares to the bronze and the other razors in your den
I don't remember if you've ever visited my thread, but I usually post all that stuff there. You can check it out here:

LAte to the party, but here's my thought. There is considerable difference in weight of the two, so get whichever you like the weight of more.
Thanks! I already ended up getting the Chiseled face and I also got the Timeless Bronze (which wasn't one of the options), Lol!!
Extreme weight difference between the two!

I can see that how geometry would make it super mild for my needs
and I am not a diehard fan of super efficient large gap razors. Not digging
that clamping a lot either.

View attachment 1665303
It's fantastic!
Looks can be deceiving!
I've just discovered in the last 2 days between the Chiseled face and the Timeless Bronze that Blade gap/Blade exposure can mean nothing from what you would expect. One has a huge gap with little exposure and the other has barely no gap with a lot of exposure. And they both shave completely opposite of what the expectation is with each ones specs & geometry. Meaning, both the Chiseled face and Timeless Bronze are mild but efficient and they both share no commonality!

Last edited:
Chiseled Face Raw Titanium shave report!
2 pass WTG/XTG using a Bic Astor blade and Arko shave soap
A home run!! Between this and the Timeless bronze. I've found two winners at the same time! First thing I felt was the weight difference with titanium!
I also have plastic, aluminum, brass, stainless steel and bronze razors. I like the variety regardless of weight.
And light razors for me are better for traveling. So I see a purpose for every type!

Titanium definitely falls between aluminum and stainless in terms of weight. And it feels softer on the skin.
It's very very nice!
This razor is different because it's got a huge blade gap (1.12"mm) but very minor blade exposure. Chiseled Face doesn't publish how much blade exposure it has. It's definitely not neutral but it's got some!
So based on the gap, exposure and overall geometry, the razor feels super mild and smooth but the end result

is ultra efficiency. The Timeless Bronze gave me a smooth & stubble free face for 16 hours. I believe that this one will do the same based on how my face feels after the shave.
I dare say that it's the smoothest razor that I've ever used! I didn't say that about the Timeless Bronze. Yesterday I said this about the Timeless: "it's so smooth that I can't compare it to anything else".
Well, today I can say that I can compare this one to the Timeless.
The Timeless Bronze is very very smooth and the Chiseled Face is extraordinarily smooth!
The Timeless is the polar opposite: Different head geometry, heavy bronze, .38"mm blade gap and 0.002"mm of blade exposure. But both companies figured out how to make something that gives an incredibly similar shave experience and shave result.
So my recommendation, get one while you can!
It's most definitely worth the $199 price. Matter of fact, it's a bargain for a titanium razor of this caliber for $199.
Highly recommended!
I believe that I've found the two razors that I've most liked since I started wet shaving.
Bottom line for what I look for in a shave/razor (YMMV):
The Chiseled Face is the ultimate light razor and the Timeless Bronze SB is the ultimate heavy razor.
I honestly can't see it getting any better!

Last edited:
It has a 0.002 inch exposure. Inches are 25.4 times larger than millimeters. The exposure in mm is 0.05 mm.

(Just trying to offer a correction that may be of help to others, not trying to be a jerk 🤓)
You are correct. I missed that!
Weird that Timeless publishes specs in inches and everyone else shows it in millimeters.
Makes it confusing!

I had the ATT and sold it... You mentioned you don't like the look of the Blackbird, However, it's one great smooth, efficient, shaving razor. Made in the good old USA, the looks will grow on you as you rave about the fore-giving and wonderful shaves it gives. Good luck in your quest, I've been there as well.

BTW, as for the Timeless, quality, but not for me, mine is listed on ebay at the moment with .68 and .95 gaps....

• Wow
I had the ATT and sold it... You mentioned you don't like the look of the Blackbird, However, it's one great smooth, efficient, shaving razor. Made in the good old USA, the looks will grow on you as you rave about the fore-giving and wonderful shaves it gives. Good luck in your quest, I've been there as well.
Well I believe that at this point I have very few "modern" razors left to try. My quest began a long time ago!
The Blackbird is one of those on the list!
Not just because of the look but the Blackland Era kind of repelled me from buying the Blackbird. I bought the Era when they stopped making them and didn't like absolutely anything about it. But I guess I can't judge their other offerings based solely on that. I might just finally pick up a Blackbird in the next couple of days since they're on sale now. "RAD" is the worst!:confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom