What's new

Which of these two high end razors would you pick and why? Help me choose!!

Well, I've purchased something completely different. This one came out of left field. I wanted a different metal and instead of a titanium razor, I've purchased the Timeless Bronze razor! This will be my first Timeless razor and my first bronze razor. I own or have owned pretty much all the brands with the exception of Timeless and Wolfman.
I'm sure some of you own it or have owned it. I wanted this one a couple of years ago and had even participated in a thread dedicated to this razor. I forgot about it, ran into it today and jumped on it. The titanium will eventually make it's way to me in the future but the beauty of bronze captivated me (and my wallet) this time, LOL!!
I also collect drums and cymbals so I have a love for bronze that makes this one very attractive.
I have plenty of stainless and aluminum razors so this will be a nice addition to the den.
I find it interesting that it's got .38mm of blade gap and .002mm of blade exposure. It will be a different experience for sure. I tend to like things that are different so between the bronze metal and the odd specs, it seemed very interesting. Between this one and the Asylum RX that already has shipped, I'll have a couple new razors to experiment with!
In terms of Titanium, it will be next with either the Chiseled Face razor or possibly a Stando Titanium. I found that they too are making titanium razors and they're pretty nice. I have experience with Stando and they make a beautiful razor!
The Le Maurice will take a backseat until I can get it on sale. If they repeat last year, they'll have them on sale on Black Friday.

full

Last edited:
Well folks, I just ordered the Chiseled Face Legacy raw titanium!
I figured, why not?
Might as well get both a Bronze and a Titanium razor!
So that leaves me with 4 razors to experiment with in the next couple of weeks:
Chiseled Face titanium, Timeless Bronze, Asylum RX SE and the Leaf Twig!
So I went all out buying this Memorial Day weekend which means I'm pretty much
set with razors for the rest of the year. Thanks to everyone for all the the input!
LRod

Here it is again:

full

Congrats on the razors! I'll be interested to hear how the Timeless Bronze shaves. It's one I've had my eye on as well but never pulled the trigger.

Congrats on the razors! I'll be interested to hear how the Timeless Bronze shaves. It's one I've had my eye on as well but never pulled the trigger.
Thanks! I'm curious too, LOL!!
I'll have a shave report on my thread for all of them as they arrive:

Well folks, I just ordered the Chiseled Face Legacy raw titanium!
I figured, why not?
Might as well get both a Bronze and a Titanium razor!
So that leaves me with 4 razors to experiment with in the next couple of weeks:
Chiseled Face titanium, Timeless Bronze, Asylum RX SE and the Leaf Twig!
So I went all out buying this Memorial Day weekend which means I'm pretty much
set with razors for the rest of the year. Thanks to everyone for all the the input!
LRod

Here it is again:

full
Very nice razor. Love the handle and overall design

Well, I've purchased something completely different. This one came out of left field. I wanted a different metal and instead of a titanium razor, I've purchased the Timeless Bronze razor! This will be my first Timeless razor and my first bronze razor. I own or have owned pretty much all the brands with the exception of Timeless and Wolfman.
I'm sure some of you own it or have owned it. I wanted this one a couple of years ago and had even participated in a thread dedicated to this razor. I forgot about it, ran into it today and jumped on it. The titanium will eventually make it's way to me in the future but the beauty of bronze captivated me (and my wallet) this time, LOL!!
I also collect drums and cymbals so I have a love for bronze that makes this one very attractive.
I have plenty of stainless and aluminum razors so this will be a nice addition to the den.
I find it interesting that it's got .38mm of blade gap and .002mm of blade exposure. It will be a different experience for sure. I tend to like things that are different so between the bronze metal and the odd specs, it seemed very interesting. Between this one and the Asylum RX that already has shipped, I'll have a couple new razors to experiment with!
In terms of Titanium, it will be next with either the Chiseled Face razor or possibly a Stando Titanium. I found that they too are making titanium razors and they're pretty nice. I have experience with Stando and they make a beautiful razor!
The Le Maurice will take a backseat until I can get it on sale. If they repeat last year, they'll have them on sale on Black Friday.

full
I think @Ratso had a picture of this exact razor in a post today. When I saw it, I was very impressed by it's stunning good looks. Beautiful razor!

View attachment 1664283
One of my favorite razors in my den! Good call. CF is mild but surprisingly efficient. The angle takes a bit to get used to, mostly ride the cap and you’re good. It shaves mild like my Hoffritz Slant, which shockingly are similar. Happy Shaves.
Wow! What a fantastic picture!
Yours looks pretty shiny for being raw Titanium. Looks beautiful!
Nice to hear about the similarities with the Hoffritz. I had a Hoffritz, really liked it and stupidly sold it.
I'm very much looking forward to this one!

Congratulations. You might also consider at some point the Lambda Athena which is a Nickel Aluminum Bronze Alloy. It's a closed comb and is quite possibly the most beautiful razor I have ever seen...oh yeah, it shaves really well too. Unfortunately they're in demand so it's a waiting list right now. They also have an OC called the Ares. Same situation

My Timeless bronze arrived today:)
I saved 2 days of growth to try it out. And I was so excited to use it that I shaved immediately when I got home from work.
Loaded a Bic Astor stainless (red pack), washed my face, splashed on some hot water, brushed on some Arko and got to work!
So here goes:
This razor is incredible!!
For those of you that have followed my wet shaving journey, you have seen that I can get rid of a razor as fast as I buy it. I can pretty much tell on the first few tries whether or not a razor will work for me.
And if it stinks, I point it out right away.
Well I can confirm based on my first shave that this is the most incredible razor I've used and owned. It's not just the most incredible razor but it also gave me what is probably the best shave I have ever had.
And this was an improvised shave with no proper prep after a bath!
I can only imagine how it is with the right preparation!
Note: I fell in love with it's looks and was intrigued by it's specifications: .38mm blade gap and .002mm of blade exposure. It sounds like a weird combo but that's what had me intrigued.
I was very skeptical to be honest!
So I don't know what Timeless did to figure out this formula but it simply works. And works better than anything else I own or have owned. The head geometry is perfect, the blade gap, the exposure, the way it looks, the weight, the way it shaves etc..
The one and only possible thing that I can knock is that the handle might be slippery for some. For me it's fine since I usually have a good grip on handles and I've never had one slip (yet).
Other than that, it's as perfect as can be. I can't begin to express how happy I am to have purchased this razor. It should have been in my den a long time ago.
So how does it shave?
It's mild but you still feel it's there, it's so smooth that I can't compare it to anything else, it's intuitive, it's balanced and it's incredibly efficient!
It's the perfect balance for a perfect shave period!
The best $135 I have spent in a long time!
Oh and quality fit and finish: I'd pay 4 times what they sell for if I had to. At $135 it's a ridiculous bargain!
So yes, it's that good and I more than recommend it to anyone.
I'm still waiting for my Chiseled Face titanium to arrive and now I'm scared because I can't believe that it can match this one. I really hope it does since it's lighter and it's titanium. So it will definitely be different. We'll see!!
Anyways, here are some pictures:

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Nice looking timeless there! The more I see that handle design, the more I like it. I figured the bronze one would be a bit much for me, reading reviews, I like mild razors, and I have the 68 already. But that is a nice looking razor.
It's a mild but efficient razor.

You've said you like aggressive razors, @LRod, given the specs, how can that be aggressive? I'm intrigued and confused, and would love to hear more thoughts on it.
Read my whole review of the razor. It kind of explains it. It's mild but at the same time you can feel it. And it's super efficient!
It's weird!
Very different than anything else I've ever tried.
And I do like aggressive razors but also like razors that are more tame as well.
Depends on the mood.
Typically large blade gaps and exposure has been my preference. Mild razors never gave me a close shave. But this one does (as a mild razor). So I guess it's got the best of both worlds.

I did read it, it was just surprising and interesting. Where did you get the exposure measurement? Did you really mean 0.002mm or 0.02?
I figured you read it. What i meant was that my review explains it as best as I can explain it.
The blade exposure:
0.002, That's what Timeless has published. And the open comb is published as 0.006
Here's a screenshot of their page:

page.png

Top Bottom