What's new

Which of these two high end razors would you pick and why? Help me choose!!

BTW, as for the Timeless, quality, but not for me, mine is listed on ebay at the moment with .68 and .95 gaps....
This is all a YMMV thing. It's super subjective. If you read the last couple of pages, you'll see that I bought the Timeless Bronze and Chiseled Face Titanium. The Timeless thus far has been the hands down. best razor I've ever used. It's beat all my top razors!
Now to be fair, I haven't tried the other Timeless razors like the ones you are selling. The head geometry on those is totally different than the head geometry on the Bronze.

My Timeless bronze arrived today:)
I saved 2 days of growth to try it out. And I was so excited to use it that I shaved immediately when I got home from work.
Loaded a Bic Astor stainless (red pack), washed my face, splashed on some hot water, brushed on some Arko and got to work!
So here goes:
This razor is incredible!!
For those of you that have followed my wet shaving journey, you have seen that I can get rid of a razor as fast as I buy it. I can pretty much tell on the first few tries whether or not a razor will work for me.
And if it stinks, I point it out right away.
Well I can confirm based on my first shave that this is the most incredible razor I've used and owned. It's not just the most incredible razor but it also gave me what is probably the best shave I have ever had.
And this was an improvised shave with no proper prep after a bath!
I can only imagine how it is with the right preparation!
Note: I fell in love with it's looks and was intrigued by it's specifications: .38mm blade gap and .002mm of blade exposure. It sounds like a weird combo but that's what had me intrigued.
I was very skeptical to be honest!
So I don't know what Timeless did to figure out this formula but it simply works. And works better than anything else I own or have owned. The head geometry is perfect, the blade gap, the exposure, the way it looks, the weight, the way it shaves etc..
The one and only possible thing that I can knock is that the handle might be slippery for some. For me it's fine since I usually have a good grip on handles and I've never had one slip (yet).
Other than that, it's as perfect as can be. I can't begin to express how happy I am to have purchased this razor. It should have been in my den a long time ago.
So how does it shave?
It's mild but you still feel it's there, it's so smooth that I can't compare it to anything else, it's intuitive, it's balanced and it's incredibly efficient!
It's the perfect balance for a perfect shave period!
The best $135 I have spent in a long time!
Oh and quality fit and finish: I'd pay 4 times what they sell for if I had to. At $135 it's a ridiculous bargain!
So yes, it's that good and I more than recommend it to anyone.
I'm still waiting for my Chiseled Face titanium to arrive and now I'm scared because I can't believe that it can match this one. I really hope it does since it's lighter and it's titanium. So it will definitely be different. We'll see!!
Anyways, here are some pictures:

full

full

full

full

full
The Timeless Bronze is by far the best razor in the Timeless line up. I’ve had them all and sold them all, but my favorite was the bronze. Nice choice.

Well I believe that at this point I have very few "modern" razors left to try. My quest began a long time ago!
The Blackbird is one of those on the list!
Not just because of the look but the Blackland Era kind of repelled me from buying the Blackbird. I bought the Era when they stopped making them and didn't like absolutely anything about it. But I guess I can't judge their other offerings based solely on that. I might just finally pick up a Blackbird in the next couple of days since they're on sale now. "RAD" is the worst!:confused:
Get the Ti bird if you get one. I have both SS and Ti and the Ti rules it.

Top Bottom